• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dx9 games on Dx11 System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reboot231

Hello, I just upgraded from a ten year old system. nice new shiny model. Now over the past couple years i had picked up a few games that i could not play on the older one, so now with this new system i was hoping i would be able to play them. Well i installed Call of duty, modern warfare into my system, but was told that i did not have dx9 and could not play.:rain: i have Dx11 in this new computer, is there any way i can play dx9 games on this newer system? thanks in advance for the info :fight:

Welcome to the forums.

Kind of strange, most games that I install that are DX9 have the DX9 installed. Practically every game I install on Steam makes me go through it. Not sure why this stuff wasn't included with Windows either, but just follow the link and you will be golden.

Just I side note, Ive had better luck with the DirectX 9 Web update, than the end user runtime for older DX8 and 9 games. I have no idea why other than maybe the web update is more updated than the end user run time...

Here it be..
Linkage...Clickly

oh! thanks a bundle everyone, im kinda new to this type of thing:bang head. thanks for the help. :salute:

Back