• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New info on the Corsair H70

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
last week they said it'd be out this week...next week when will it be? lol

So, basically, they're bringing the stock H50 up to the "custom" standards we've been recommending almost since day one. That should make it comparable to the best air heatsinks without the size penalties they incur ...

I'd really like to see the 90 degree turns taken out of the line...and larger line for that matter. Interesting that they went with a push pull now.

That's one thing I've always wondered about. Why use such small tubing? Now I haven't seen one in person, but the pictures make it look like 3/8 OD tubing which is perty small.

As long as it's pushing enough water to get into the turbulence window for the rad that's all it needs. Sure they could rev it up a little more having 1/2" tubes protruding straight out but it would also loose a big part of what makes it sell - compact and neat. As it is I figure the H70 is going to come very close to, if not match, the NH-D14 and TRUE+ performance levels ...

I have to agree on removing the 90deg fittings, the pump is quite small and it could use any help it could get. I also never got why they put the inlet and outlet for the cpu block in the bottom right, top left would make more sense because that would allow it to mount to the top of the case more easily and it would just make it generally more compatable because you'd have more tubing to work with.

if its better then my true i might get it. the true is to big for my mid tower its to hard to work with

if its better then my true i might get it. the true is to big for my mid tower its to hard to work with

Thats why I ended up with the ECO A.L.C. There are better air coolers, but the space saving & portability was worth an extra degree or two for me. And it's very quiet.

To be honest, I'm a performance kinda guy so noise, while important is much less important that temps. I would much rather pay for a new, larger case than buy a new cooler, that is worse than my previous cooler, for space restrictions. :shrug:

To be honest, I'm a performance kinda guy so noise, while important is much less important that temps. I would much rather pay for a new, larger case than buy a new cooler, that is worse than my previous cooler, for space restrictions. :shrug:

im the same way. so if its not better then my true i wont touch it

i want to go watercooling but thats gonna be for next years build haha(i started saving 2 months ago it will be epic)

Well guys, that's way some people run REAL water loops instead of air or pre-made loops ... :D

And some people want a powerfull mid tower with portability sans a gallon of water, or a two pound copper brick swinging off the socket, lol. We all have our place in this world. :D

Swiftech does make the rad-drive units, which are pretty compact. You can use whatever sized tubing you want (90° elbows not required) and get a baby CPU block if that's what you're looking for. It'll still be better than air but not as good as a classic water loop. Of course, the rad-drive doesn't come in a 120 model, only 220 and 320 ... ;)

Swiftech does make the rad-drive units, which are pretty compact. You can use whatever sized tubing you want (90° elbows not required) and get a baby CPU block if that's what you're looking for. It'll still be better than air but not as good as a classic water loop. Of course, the rad-drive doesn't come in a 120 model, only 220 and 320 ... ;)

I saw one of those Swiftec Micro system things with the 220 rad at Microcenter when I picked up my ECO...pretty cool looking unit. They wanted like $140 for it though. :-/ And I'd have to get a block, by that time might as well go all in, lol.

I'm just poking fun with ya though...both the H50 and the ECO A.L.C. get picked on pretty hard around here. There are way better watercooling solutions and some better air ones for sure, but I'm nothing but impressed with my little ECO suits my needs very well. :D

I saw one of those Swiftec Micro system things with the 220 rad at Microcenter when I picked up my ECO...pretty cool looking unit. They wanted like $140 for it though. :-/ And I'd have to get a block, by that time might as well go all in, lol.

I'm just poking fun with ya though...both the H50 and the ECO A.L.C. get picked on pretty hard around here. There are way better watercooling solutions and some better air ones for sure, but I'm nothing but impressed with my little ECO suits my needs very well. :D
Except for using "REAL" when mixing the H50 (and like units) with custom loops in conversation I don't pick on them at all - and the only reason I use that is because I disagree with the decision to put H50 & Co in with water cooling. IMO functionally the H50 is the same as air - but I won't rehash that issue. ;)

I agree with you completely and think the H50 & Co have their place besides just the bragging rights of saying you have water cooling. I've seen many, many people have to forgo good air cooling because there simply isn't room for a 120 tower in their case or they're so attached to their high-rise RAM or RAM cooler they won't part with it for a better CPU cooler. And the market bears this out - if the H50 wasn't doing well there wouldn't be an H70 ...

If it takes the performance crown for a reasonable amount of noise, I will certainly add it to my list of things I recommend to newbies looking for the best...should be good for cases like the tt lvl10

I wish they would use an X mount plate on the back side to help instead of the little plastic ring they have.

Back