• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI BigBang xPower Won't Save BIOS Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
5 times. 5 times i set the vCore to 1.25 volts. EVERY SINGLE TIME it dropped it back down to 1.16. WHAT THE CRAP?? Every single time it's done that. Not once has it saved it. I'm really sick of this. My Intel DX58SO does the exact same thing. :bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

1.25 volts is NOT that much. Excuse me for being furious, but i HATE when computers decide to change things that i set. I can't count the number of times i've had to set the voltage on my DX58SO because it wouldn't save the voltage. The BigBang is doing the exact same. It's a great board, but i hope that it doesn't suffer the same BIOS bugs as my Intel board, because i will NEVER buy this board again. I really like the BigBang, but i don't want to have to deal with this if i decide to buy one. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Any fix for this?

EDIT: Make that SIX times!!!! :temper::temper::temper::temper::temper::cry::cry::cry:

EDIT 2.0: 8.... :bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:screwy::screwy::screwy::snipe:

Last edited:
I once had that problem when I first got my MSI BigBang Fuzion. First take the power saving mode, I think its called Speed Step (EIST) and turbo boost (CIE) options. Take spread spectrum off. Use Low vdroop. It might be changing the voltage because it's in power saving mode. Low vdroop should actually add voltage to your cpu if it has too little. Hope this helps.

I understand how that would work. Dropping voltage at idle. I'm fine with that.

I mean the LOAD voltage won't save. Every time it was set to 1.25, it reset to 1.16. I just got fed up with it, and reflashed the BIOS, and that seems to have solved the problem.

I'm also having the same problem too. the vcore keeps changing.

BTW, What's the most optimal setting for the i7 870 + the MSI big bang trinergy? (edit: I meant maximum performance setting lol)

I haven't had time to over clock but I want to know who's successfully done it!

p.s. I still have the stock CPU fan but thinking of upgrading to the either the v8 cooler or the corsair hydro series cooler (water cooling).. I'm still hardware noob XD

Back