• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox newbie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jester

Is this mb, EP-8KTA3+Pro, any good? The motherboard isn't going to be overclocked at all. Basically is it reliable. The reason I am looking at it, is because it has 266 FSB, supports a 1.4 T-bird, has one ISA, and has 4 Dimms. If there is a board that is better, or at least cheaper that meets requirement could you let me know.

I have three of these boards and love 'em all. The thing I like best is that the multiplier, FSB, and voltage can all be set using the BIOS. Yeah, these are older boards, but they will support the XP processors. Make sure you get the newest BIOS from EPOX. Good luck and have fun. Oh, I almost forgot...be careful about the four DIMMS. There's a trick to using the last two slots...you can only use #3 and #4 only if there's single-sided memory in both. If you have double-sided memory in #3, then #4 cannot be used.

Re: help! please!

angeltazman said:
how can i overclock my EP-8KTA3L motherboard (epox)?.... i'm using a AMD 1gig processor..... windows 98 SE.....

I would make a new topic so people can see your question.

GL :)

Re: Re: help! please!

HBK216 said:

I would make a new topic so people can see your question.

GL :)

thanks man!...... where can i find the topic?..... actually i'm lost where to find things around the forum...... i really appreciate ur help.....

Re: Re: Re: help! please!

angeltazman said:

thanks man!...... where can i find the topic?..... actually i'm lost where to find things around the forum...... i really appreciate ur help.....

This topic (EPOX motherboards) seems like the right place for your question. You should start a new thread using your question as the subject. Starting a new thread should attract the attention you need.

Back