• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP... ALiENWARE AREA-51 Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nanoo

Registered
ALiENWARE AREA-51 ABiT AA8XE P4 need suggestions on if theres a premade WC system for my system if not what is the best inexpensive WC system i can get ANY suggestions would be helpful

The only "kits" that are good are made by Swiftech. Basically, their "kits" are their normal hardware combined into one package.

If by "pre-made", you mean ones that are already setup, it depends on what you want to do. I've heard good things about the H50 if your system is near stock or running stock. If you are going to do any serious overclocking, you would be much better off getting a good high-end air cooling heatsink or a good watercooling system. Cheap watercooling performs worse than "ok" air heatsinks and is far more expensive.

If you are going to do any serious overclocking, you would be much better off getting a good high-end air cooling heatsink or a good watercooling system. Cheap watercooling performs worse than "ok" air heatsinks and is far more expensive.
]

The H50 is pretty much equal to high-end air cooling for a slight ($10-20) price increase.

The H50 is pretty much equal to high-end air cooling for a slight ($10-20) price increase.
Than a TRUE with dual 38mm Deltas/Panaflos? >.>

For low loads, I think it can keep up with high end air cooling. With high overclocks that dump a lot of heat, it doesn't have enough radiator to keep up.

Hi nanoo, that from the old Mork and Mindy show?

Anyhoo, I can't recommend any premade watercooling kits except the one mentioned by thideras.

There is no 'quality' cheap/inexpensive watercooling.

We have no idea what your trying to cool. The CPU? The GPU too? Make a sig like the rest of us have to help us know what you got.

What I recommend is you read this post, it's what you need to read to understand what real watecooling is about. Read for a week or so, don't jump into this lightly. It's a long term hobby, not a set it and forget it thing.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

Is this the same alienware you posted about cooling before with the abit motherboard and p4 processor? If so, what socket is your processor 486 or 775? Do some reading...wc is more of a luxury, you may want to consider getting upgrades on your other components (processor for one...) before you go for watercooling.

Aye, spending the minimum 300 on a good w/c cpu loop would never give you the performance you could get out of doing an upgrade to a more modern cpu/mobo. And if its a noise thing with the current setup, a high end air cooler with some low to medium speed 120s will quiet everything down nicely.

]

Only if you buy another fan for a push/pull config ($5+) and make sure its getting fresh air instead of case air. Otherwise its just frightningly mediocre and overpriced vs air.

Back