• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spectre 27" review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamthekris

I recently purchased a 27" Sceptre monitor from newegg. Cost me about 250, free shipping. Has 1920 by 1080 res. No dead/stuck pixels on arrival or any other problems that i noticed. The resolution is reaching the border for the size of the monitor. Overall this is a real good monitor for the price and is perfect for watching movies on a pc. Below is my video unboxing/mini review.

im thinking about getting this
Im not sure if newegg still has it for 250, because that was with a coupon code, but at that price, or even around 300, its pretty good. Im gonna hook up my cable box with hdmi so i can watch tv on it as well, also have my 360 hooked up through vga and will probably do my ps3 on it as well, its just an all around great monitor for general use.

well i have a proscan 40" i got at conns on sale for 480 which playing games is sweet on. and best buy has there dynex 32 on sale some time right at 300 i think last christmas they were as cheap as 260

well i have a proscan 40" i got at conns on sale for 480 which playing games is sweet on. and best buy has there dynex 32 on sale some time right at 300 i think last christmas they were as cheap as 260

Have smaller televisions finally upgraded from 1280x720? that was my biggest pitfall when I went with my fairly cheap 21.5 acer last year. I am however currently interested in a new primary monitor and to move this one to secondary and am debating on 27in or 23.7 LED or if "TV's" are now primarily 1920x1080 I might be looking that route.

Back