• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6X58D-Premium vs. EVGA FTW3 vs. UD5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SheepMoose

Registered
Getting a new build soon and was looking at those boards but couldn't make up my mind.

The build will have an I7 930, G.skill Ripjaws, HD 5870, and would probably be crossfired in the near future.

I liked the turboV feature of the asus board but don't really need it.
I was thinking of steering away from the Asus and gigabyte as I was trying to have a black/red colour scheme with my HAF-X.

Which Mobo is right for me?

I've looked at the rampage III extreme but it's a bit expensive.

What price range and time frame are you looking at? The EVGA FTW3 would work well and look good too, but for not a hole lot more the R3E would visually be perfect and is an excellent board if your willing to save up for it. The Ripjaws are great you could also have a look at the G.Skill Trident F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD, would also work well and go with your planned theme. The right board for YOU is ultimately is a personnel opinion of your own wants, needs and budget.

I would go for the G.skill Tridents but I'm getting a Noctua NH-D14 so need something a bit smaller (G.skill Eco/Ripjaws come to mind).

The price range I'm looking at is around $300 - $400. Mind you I'm Australian so the prices will seem a bit high compared to yours.

The Asus P6X58D-Premium comes in at $395. EVGA - $398.

Maybe check P6X58D-E to save some money , almost the same as Premium but about 30% cheaper and overclocks the same. Premium has 1 more LAN, reset button onboard and almost nothing else so I think that better save that money and go CF faster.

I did check the P6X58D-E too, that was originally my first choice. But I was considering playing a fair bit of LAN games with friends so 2 LAN ports would be better suited.

Back