• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a Legit 8500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The last line of the description ( at the bootom of the page ) says that it is "OEM Bulk Card Only".

It was the (ATI Original) part that threw me off. Stupid site gets your hopes up and then crushes em.

Still... I wonder if it has the 250 Mhz core or the dreaded 230. Is 3.6ns ram good for this card? Maybe we could get away with a flash to retail?

What do you guys think?

Tracert said:
Check this out.

Is this really a Retail? I may buy one if it is.

They call it Original, not Retail

ATI RADEON 8500, 64M DDR (ATI Original) current stock is 3.6ns ram

I've contacted several vendors that listed OEM models as 'Retail' Models.

Many of the vendors have edited thier description, many have not......So buyer beware.

A retail card ships with 3.6ns mem and has a core of 275

For those of you who may be interested, I sent an email to them asking about the core speed. If I get any info back I will post it.

FYI,

I never received a reply on my email, but I did notice that the updated pricewatch to say the card was 250/250 & 3.6 ns.

This may very well be my next card.

Tracert,

Thats not a bad deal, but make sure you contact them to confirm it's 249.5/249.5 and 3.6ns memory and save the email so if you get 4ns memory you have proof.

As thier listing says this:

"ATI RADEON 8500, 64M DDR (ATI Original) current stock is 3.6ns ram"

You dont want to get stuck in a bait and switch situation

I have to sell some pc parts first but once I free up the cash in my "pc fund" (I have to have this seprate from the rest or else I end up spending money like a mad man, so my wife and daughter don't get stuck eating rice and beans) I will most likely order one.

I will keep you updated.

Back