• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing Level 10 SATA cables

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t9alejandro

Registered
Is it easy to replace the stock SATA cables in a Thermaltake level 10? Since the SATA6gb have different cables and the level 10 i believe has SATA II .

If it's SATA III, get SATA III cables. If it's SATA II, get SATA II cables :)

A cable is a cable... they're pretty hard to mess up. Only 3 standards, and SATA I is pretty much non existent now.

If it's SATA III, get SATA III cables. If it's SATA II, get SATA II cables :)

A cable is a cable... they're pretty hard to mess up. Only 3 standards, and SATA I is pretty much non existent now.

My question thou is...How much of a pain is it to replace the cables that are pre-installed in the Level 10

I'm pretty sure that SATA cables are all the same, regardless of the version. I know that I have some "SATA1" cables that work just fine with "SATA2" hardware. I'm reading some information and it says it is still compatible with existing SAS interfaces, which is the same as SATA1/2. Therefore, it is exactly the same.

Copper is copper. Don't pay extra for "SATA3" cables. I remember having this discussion when SATA2 came out.

ok sounds good. The only reason i was wondering is that the MOBO come with 3SATA3gb and 2 SATA6gb cables. So that made me think :comp:

Replacing the cable might require you to take apart the enclosures and even the whole thing.

Replacing the cable might require you to take apart the enclosures and even the whole thing.
Sort of. The piece that bolts into the hard drive "rack" is a single piece. You can't just replace the SATA cable. Either way, you don't need to.

Back