• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disabling Turbo on ASUS M4A89TP PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

Is the ASUS Turbo Key technology in the BIOS the turbo that I am reading that needs to be turned off? I already have CnQ off.

Also is there anything else I am leaving off?

EDIT: I realized I put the tital as the wrong motherboard. It is the M4A89TD

Last edited:
Need more information. What are you trying to correct? Overclockers typically recommend disabling Cool and Quiet, C1E and other bios settings that cause the cpu frequency and its voltage to throttle down. These "green" technologies can cause instability with higher overclock settings.

I am not familiar with Asus turbo but it sounds like a substitute for manual overclock calibration. Overclockers generally recommend staying away from automatic overclocking technologies and doing it the good ole' fashion way, step by step with manual settings.

You need to turn the switch off, and BIOS option off. Which BIOS are you using?

BIOS 0901. The switch is off, the "Turbo key" BIOS is set to auto which was the default. I am just now getting around to working the overclock a little so most things are as default except for memory timings and volts which are manually set.

Trents I am just getting the settings right for stable overclocking so technically not correcting anything but that's the stuff I am looking for.

I'll send you a better BIOS version later today. Send me a PM if I forget. It will fix this pesky turbo problem you are having ;)

In further tweaking I am trying to play with the multiplier. I realize my chip is not a BE but I thought I still could raise it, am I wrong? I am changing it to 15 in the BIOS and in the BIOS it is showing the cpu at 3.3 but upon restart and in Windows it shows 14.0. What is this about?

Also I still have CPU Load line on and CPU/NB load line and CPU spread spectrum on. should those be disabled?

Non-BE CPU multipliers can only be adjusted downward, not upward.

Personally, I'd turn them all off but others would disagree. Spread spectrum should definitely be turned off ...

Non-BE CPU multipliers can only be adjusted downward, not upward.

Personally, I'd turn them all off but others would disagree. Spread spectrum should definitely be turned off ...
Thanks. I guess I was backwards. :(

Turned off CPU SS, what about PCIE Spectrum?

Any spread spectrum will effect an overclock. I usually disable all of that stuff but, in reality, I doubt it matters if you're not OC'ing that component.

BTW
To answer your question from another thread, load core temps should be kept at or below 55°C for stability but that varies slightly from CPU to CPU with an average range of 52-58°C. As always the cooler the better ... :)

Last edited:
BTW
To answer your question from another thread, load core temps should be kept at or below 55°C for stability but that varies slightly from CPU to CPU with an average range of 52-58°C. As always the cooler the better ...

Thanks. I was wondering how long we would bounce back and forth between the two. :) I'm just running these temps until I get a better cooling going which I haven't decided on yet. The only time I get close to my 60ish temps is in OCCT so I hope to be ok.

bug, seeing on how we have the same mobo, i'll lend a helping hand as well...

I have no problem getting 4.01 Ghz stable with no temp or stability issues.

I just have a tendency to cook my boards after 4.2 ;-)

Yea, I am seeing that from your other threads. ;) Thanks for the input.

I am going to wait until I can get a little better cooling then push it. This Scythe Ninja was great for dead silent cooling but can't handle an overclock worth a darn. For now I think I'll stick with my little 3.3 o/c.

From what I could tell it was for the G version so I never put it on. The versions didn't match up or was I reading it wrong? I'm still running the 0901.

Back