• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would be the next one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koga515

Hello guys I joined because my G4TI4200-8X 64MB has recently went compute. And I cann't seem to find it in any sort or a place in america that sells it. So what do I do. What would be my next graphics card which would equal to the one I use ot have or be slightly better.
I only ask I have limited funds.

That won't work. You need a card with a AGP connection. Pretty much all cards nowadays use the PCIe connection.

this is kinda confuseing. My MSI motherbored is old. I just need a graphics card equal or better which has a buildet on fan.

Like, the slot that your motherboard has is the old type of slot called AGP. So only old graphic cards will fit. New one's won't unless you get a new motherboard with the new type of slot, called PCI-Express (PCIe).

Okay so any card with AGP will work to replace my Gainward G4TI4200? aND IS MY GeForce4 MX 4000 DDR 64MB better then my old one?

aND IS MY GeForce4 MX 4000 DDR 64MB better then my old one?

Not even close. Nor is the FX5200 suggested by Knufire. Even the 6200 suggested by ScottinIndy might be a bit of a downgrade.

Honestly, if you're working with limited funds and were happy with your old card, the best option may be to just get another similar one off eBay... the Geforce4 series are dirt cheap on the used market. Here's a Ti4200 64MB for $15 shipped, or you could go a couple steps up to a Ti4600 128MB for $20 shipped. That beats any of the prices on Newegg.

Okay can someone eeeeeexplain to me. My motherboard host a Amd Athlon XP 1600+ 1.39 Ghz 768 MB of Ram With a ThermalIntake Volcano 5 I think I got the hang of increaseing it but I am not sure what CPU Vcore is or Cpu clock ratio is do I have tyo adjust them aswell when I increase the Prosessor Clock by slight adjust ment which is 133min and 166max?

Back