• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Taskbar temps and OC utility Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zhut

Hello everyone,

I recently made the switch from Nvidia to ATI. I went from a 9800GT using Realtemp for monitoring my GPU and CPU temps in the taskbar and EVGA Precision for overclocking. It seems there are many options now with ATI and I am wondering what is best to use for pinning my gpu/cpu temps to the taskbar (I game in windowed mode) for my PC specs.

I would like to use Realtemp again if it is still an option but it seems there are many versions and I am not sure which one to go with (beta versions are ok?). It also looks like the ATI drivers provided me with ATI Overdrive which many seem to look down upon using. I would not mind doing some gpu overclocking and I am used to saving OC profiles and loading them before I begin gaming.

I figured I would ask here as I have been researching options and not sure what to use. Thank you in advance.

My card is a Radeon Sapphire 5770.

I ended up solving my problem so I wanted to help others with possibly the same question. MSI Afterburner seems to be similar to evga precision (much better than precision imo) and also allows pinning the gpu temp the task bar color coding it, many other options, etc. Seems to be a great OC program as well though I did not mess with it much yet. Very nice! MSI Afterburner loaded up without issue on my Sapphire 5770 and read the card without problem. :cool: I will have to read up and learn what all I can get out of using MSI AB.

Back