• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice on this cpu booster please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doom

at the moment i have a 9oomhz amd duran cpu on a matsonic ms8308e mother board and last night io came across this program.
http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/b...2/boost.htm#faq
do you think its right what its saying and would it be any good to me ? would i notice any difference in gaming
cheers and glad i found the forum looks a good one

that's the same link as before- it still does not work.

the tweakpc link- there is a program there called CPUboost-2.zip, is that the one?

was this the link you meant to put in?

BTW, next time you might want to post software-related questions in the Software and OS forum we have here.

well I dloaded cpuboost-2.zip just for fun- seems to be a soft-overclock util for 486 era CPUs. There is no real documentation on it at all- I am not going to risk installing it, personally.

sorry about that monster ill get it right next time but yes thats the program i meant

that 1st link dont work on my pc too but the second one does mate i only copied and pasted it

Last edited:
LOL, I downloaded that a looong time ago, it said that it made my my P166 MMX was run at 400 MHz. :rolleyes: I wonder why it never seemed to actually be any faster....;)

I found that program a while ago and did some more research (took a while before I actually had the program) but its CRAP.

Sorry didn't want to burst your bubble.

sorry about that monster ill get it right next time but yes thats the program i meant

no worries dude. Thanks for showing me that program- I'm not gonna use it on my main box but I'll put it on my backup rig and play with it, it looks veery intereesting:)

i like trying new programs but like you monster wont try that as there is no documentation . wouldnt mind a program to boost me cpu as for overclocking i wouldnt know where to start

well dude if you want to learn about overclocking then just ask in the G Hardware forum, tons of folks will help you out me included:)

There are tons of cool people here that know all kinds of neat things:D

Back