• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5770 problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ba!nesy

Hey guys... I've been reading today that the 5770 card has had many problems, such as random crashes/freezes, lines appearing throught the screen. problems that are thought to be caused by either, low voltages, high temps etc etc...

these posts have been a few days old to a few months old...

I guess what i'm getting at is, are the latest ATI drivers fixing these problems? and really are these problems really as widspread as they seem, or am I reading too much into it?

I purchased this Sapphire HD5770 a few days ago and have not had any issues thus far.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102873&cm_re=hd5770-_-14-102-873-_-Product

I used the latest 10.7 drivers and also changed from Nvidia to ATI for the first time with this card (thinking that might complicate things), no issue. I did some mild overclocking with MSI Afterburner as well. Gaming has never looked this good (for me at least). Knock on wood, I have not had any of the issues others have mentioned screen tearing, high temps, flickering screen, display not covering full screen edges, etc.

built my rig with the saphire hd5770. no problems at all! runs like a dream. running at 900/1310. could probably push it further but dont really need too. runs quiet when u have fan speeds at auto, but if u play a game always good to make a seperate profile with higher fan rpm speeds to increase cooling. when i play my games i have fan running at %75 which is pretty loud but keeps card at full load in the low 50's. with auto control card hits high 60's.

this card by saphire in my books is fantastic. wuth the new 10.7 catalyst drivers they fixed the automatic under clocking for 2D apps. now at idle or 2D apps the core down clocks to 400 to use less power and ram stays at whatever you have it set at, so no more crashes. i beliebe before with the old drivers it would downclock too low and caused crashes when running 2D apps.

running 2x ASUS 5770's in crossfire with 10.7 drivers, and runs like a champ, however OCing too high, and not minding the voltage can cause the lines, and crashes.

Hey guys... I've been reading today that the 5770 card has had many problems, such as random crashes/freezes, lines appearing throught the screen. problems that are thought to be caused by either, low voltages, high temps etc etc...

these posts have been a few days old to a few months old...

I guess what i'm getting at is, are the latest ATI drivers fixing these problems? and really are these problems really as widspread as they seem, or am I reading too much into it?
I brought my 5770 less than a month after it's release and it has had quite a few problems from that time. The most memorable was the big mouse cursor where for seemingly no reason at all your mouse cursor would increase in size (4x ish) and stay that way until you rebooted or else windows magnifier running constantly would make it small again lol. There we also random freezes and gray / bared screens ect.

These problems have pretty much all been fixed by new versions of drivers that have come out. I have had no issues relating to the card for a long time now =D

IMHO it's a good reliable card (easy to overclock too!)

running 2x ASUS 5770's in crossfire with 10.7 drivers, and runs like a champ, however OCing too high, and not minding the voltage can cause the lines, and crashes.
This also, but its common sense.

Back