• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Monitor (Game/Surf)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScoopsMcGhee

I have a GTX 470 and 23" Dell with a 46" LCD. Was just wondering if there was anyway to keep a game open in full screen (not windowed) while clicking on the other monitor without the game minimizing? Any third party software that can keep one monitor locked and the other free to use without minimizing the game?

ps. already have ultramon

ok so starcraft 2 has windowed (fullscreen mode). works great. Just need to know if theres something that can work for CS:S or DODs that will lock the screen. Windowed mode on source games has the bar on top.

Not that I know of. This is why I sold my two medium monitors and bought 1 large one.

To the best of my knowledge, no. It has nothing to do with the monitors being matched up (I have three matching), just that running when running a game the computer focuses on the game. For instance, it would be a nightmare playing a FPS if your mouse was allowed to travel outside the "action" screen.

Unless the game supports window mode, it will not be possible. It has nothing to do with the monitor setup.

Aion for example, supports Full Screen, Borderless Window Mode, and Window Mode (with the standard Windows borders). If I set to Full Screen and click anywhere on the 2nd screen, it will minimize as it has lost focus. If I set it to either Window Mode, it will stay at the size its set, but in idle mode (about 1 FPS). Other games I have which support Window mode will react the same way. And as xokeman pointed out, if the game supports Window mode, it will allow your mouse to go beyond the borders of the game. Full screen mode will normally lock the mouse to the game.

Was just wondering if there was anyway to keep a game open in full screen (not windowed) while clicking on the other monitor without the game minimizing? Any third party software that can keep one monitor locked and the other free to use without minimizing the game?

Try to use Actual Multiple Monitors. Actual Multiple Monitors provides Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I hotkey. Press it in the game and after that you will be able to use your second monitor without minimization of the full screen game.

ok so starcraft 2 has windowed (fullscreen mode). works great. Just need to know if theres something that can work for CS:S or DODs that will lock the screen. Windowed mode on source games has the bar on top.
Which monitor are you playing DODs on? I looking to convert from my 22" CRT to LCD, but I'm addicted to my high refresh rate. What kind of FPS are you getting?

I have a GTX 470 and 23" Dell with a 46" LCD. Was just wondering if there was anyway to keep a game open in full screen (not windowed) while clicking on the other monitor without the game minimizing? Any third party software that can keep one monitor locked and the other free to use without minimizing the game?

ps. already have ultramon

The "Actual Multiple Monitors" will help you.

Read this article http://actualtools.com/multiplemoni...raft_2_on_dual_monitors_tips_and_tricks.shtml
This works not only with games but also with any full-screen applications...

Back