• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Inverted ATX for new WC project.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Styrka

Registered
I'm starting a new WC project and I think the case I have is going to be just too small. I'm a HUGE fan of inverted ATX cases, but it doesn't look like anyone really makes them anymore. I hate flashy cases I just want something elegant. Currently I have the Lian-li PC-V1200 PLUS II in silver. Absolutely love it.

Any recommendations?

Hardware list:
Asus P6T
i7-920
3x2GB OCZ @ 1600mHz
Radeon 5850
160GB Raptor X 10000RPM
2x1.5TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
Swiftech MCR320
EK DCP 4.0 Pump

I have an ENERMAX CS-718B I purchased over five years ago. It is a big case with an inverted mounting. I purchased it because, with a molded plastic shield, it was possible to provide a wind tunnel effect over the CPU using relatively quiet 120mm inlet and outlet fans. I have since moved to a small packaged water cooler so I no longer need this feature (that was effective but very space consuming).

I do not like inverted cases because the mobo is now accessed through the right side of the case instead of the left side (only way to keep the external connectors aimed out the back). Since I keep my case under my desk on the right, I always have to move the case to get into it. Also, at least on the mobos I have used in the past few years, the mobo power supply connectors are now farther from the top of the case where the power supply is so it becomes difficult to route some of the cables because they are not long enough to be routed in anything but a straight line across the mobo. The drive sata cables also end up all bunched together.

In other words, I am looking forward to getting my new Corsair 600T as soon as Corsair gets it to the retailers so I can go back to a convential configuration.

I feel ya OP... i LOVE inverted ATX... psu on the bottom but your not pushed for cable length as everything is turned upside down!

You could always go with what i have... a Lian Li V2000b PLUS II .... the bigger brother of your case!

OH, you have no idea. I would love a v2000. can't find one though....

RhoXS, My computer sits on the left side of my desk so its even MORE perfect for me. I'm also rewiring my PSU so cable length is completely a non issue.

Does any one know where I can get a v2000 (preferably silver)?

Back