• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wha...

My computer has a Core 2 Duo running at 2.2 ghz. I'm wondering if there's any way to bump it up to about 2.4, 2.5 to get more fps in games. Clockgen and other software utilities don't work, as I've tried every PLL and none of them work. The computer runs a dummied down Phoenix BIOS - there's no options to change FSB, Clock speed, or voltages.

Now what?

well you should look into pin modding the cpu/socket then. given the cpu has a 11 ratio though the bump would take it up to 2.9ghz there abouts. it may not work at that speed at stock voltage, may need to vid-pin for higher voltage to do that. can you run cpuz and post a ss of the motherboard tab?

I was overclocking T6600 up to ~2.92GHz but stable was at about ~2.55GHz. It was Lenovo notebook and SetFSB was working but I had to change FSB by ~5-7 MHz because above 10MHz at once all was hanging up. I could run tests on 2.8GHz+ but nothing was stable enough for longer.
here is cpu-z validation:
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1321548

well you should look into pin modding the cpu/socket then. given the cpu has a 11 ratio though the bump would take it up to 2.9ghz there abouts. it may not work at that speed at stock voltage, may need to vid-pin for higher voltage to do that. can you run cpuz and post a ss of the motherboard tab?

I'm not sure if it's safe to take apart the laptop...
Here's the shot of the motherboard tab attached.

Attachments

• cpuz.png
    cpuz.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 5,935
pin modding wont work from what i have seen. there is a thread floating around from a while back. it links to a laptop specialty forum, where there are certian ones ie brands/models. which will take to pin modding on PM45's, as in the current state. if you were to pin mod, yes the fsb would increase. the multi would then be stuck at 6x with no way to increase it back to stock. this seems to be some kind of fsb lock, if the chipset or fsb detector doesnt see the right fsb for that cpu ID string. it locks the multi down, there are like i was saying laptops that dont have this lock. need to see if i can find it agian, then you can look up and see if your laptop is locked or not.

I would suggest leaving the speed around 2.7GHz. Make sure you have coretemp or something monitoring your temps during these overclocks :)

Which Clock Genarator and version ot SetFSB do you use?

I tried Clockgen, but nothing worked.
SetFSB said something about shareware and I don't know how to use it. Also, the SetFSB button is greyed out, so it's useless.:confused:

Back