• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good performance increase but.....HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thekillerlama

Heres the problem I used core unlocker to get the third core on my phenom II 550 working. And it did, the problem is this, I have no idea if the cpu is burning or if its cool. What shall I do, HELP!
You can also see that the temperaure programs cant recognice the cpu.

Attachments

• Screenshot Studio capture #001.png
    Screenshot Studio capture #001.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 91
Amd overdrive could not get the temps. Look what cpu it thinks I have lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot Studio capture #002.png
    Screenshot Studio capture #002.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 89
There is no core temp monitoring possible through software. Go to bios and in the computer health (may be called something else for you) menu and set the shutdown and or alarm temp so that it is handled in bios.

If you have software provided by the MB manufacturer it should also read that temp sensor.

You will not get your core temps.

HELP: I revertet back to my original phenom ii 550 and it still cant show any temps!
After you get your core temp back compare the core temp to the "CPU" temp while running Prime95. Chances are there will be a difference between them. Make note of that difference so the next time you unlock the cores you can take the CPU temp, which you can still read, and adjust it using the difference you noted. It's not 100% accurate but it's better then just using the CPU temp ... ;)

Ok guys, I had to disable something called unleashing mode, after that things are back to normal....... But what is a normal temp for the 550? Mine almost gets up to 50 degrees!

Ok guys, I had to disable something called unleashing mode, after that things are back to normal....... But what is a normal temp for the 550? Mine almost gets up to 50 degrees!

You don't want to get much hotter than that, especially if you want to OC.

I can remember it before never reaching temps above 30!!!!!!!!!
ps: That had nothing to do with the unlocking, I checked them before too.

Back