• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(Painting)Final coat wax and polish question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvt.Dancer

OK so im painting my case and I finished my last coat of clear then sanded it down with some 2000 grit wet sand paper and now im trying to wax an polish first thing is that i'm not getting a real deep color out of it and its kinda like you can see the wax on it and 2 even after polishing and waxing I can still see some of the sanding work I did(scratches real small ones) at this point I put on 2 coats of wax and polished it twice and removed all the wax and polish and started over and still its not coming out with a deep color don't get me wrong it shines and I can see myself in it but it just looks like it has this greyish whiteish film over it what did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Did you use Cut-n-Polish before waxing, I also used anti swirl polish too, so you dont see or get the swirl effect, from polishing

Yeah...you removed all the dirt with the 2k grit sandpaper and all the shiny too. 3M makes everything you need. Wash it clean with liquid dishwashing soap and water, wax will ruin new paint and cause it to lift off. The wax seals in the solvents so it cant dry, so no wax for 30-90 days depending on how much paint you have on it. If this was all done with rattle can paint and clear, instead of trying to buff it out think about reclearing instead. Do it in a dust free room if you can.

Back