• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED issue while overclocking cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rnldrc22

Ok, im finding it a bit strange.

Everything seems stable but my graphics card is giving me trouble now. And it doesnt let me run prime95 for more than 10 min.

Is it the IOH voltage?

Ive circled the moment that my screen blinks while running prime95

Attachments

• gpu.png
    gpu.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 108
Ok, im finding it a bit strange.

Everything seems stable but my graphics card is giving me trouble now. And it doesnt let me run prime95 for more than 10 min.

Is it the IOH voltage?

Ive circled the moment that my screen blinks while running prime95

Hard to tell...did you changed your bios settings or something? Try setting to auto then run Prime again...i guess

What does your graphics card have to do with Prime95? P95 doesnt test the GPU. Its just a screen blink while running P95?

Can you provide some more details... :)

What does your graphics card have to do with Prime95? P95 doesnt test the GPU. Its just a screen blink while running P95?

Can you provide some more details... :)

Ok, before i was overclocking my i7 930 at 4 ghz (190x21) with vcore at 1.28 and vtt at 1.3, and when i went to prime to test it and in 5 minutes my screen would blink like 5 times... then i would see and my gtx 260's clocks would be at their lowest.

Now i find that with a vtt of 1.35+ i dont have any more blinking, nor freezes, nothing, for hours, buuut the clocks of my gtx 260 fall yet again >_<

To me, it doesnt make any sense...

BTW, at stock settings i run prime without any errors and w/o any blinking.

Not sure why P95 would causing that blinking. As far as your clocks going down, thats normal as it is going into 2D clocks to save power.

It would be helpful to have your GPU in your signature as well. ;)

Not sure why P95 would causing that blinking. As far as your clocks going down, thats normal as it is going into 2D clocks to save power.

It would be helpful to have your GPU in your signature as well. ;)

My default clocks are 518/1080, it falls to 300/100 >_>

I know, thats 2D clocks. And when you play a game itshould jump right back up.

Oh really? xDDD i've never seen that except when i was trying to overclock my gtx 260. So seeing now i was surprised. thanks

BTW, are my vtt voltages at a good point at 1.36?

Are you sure that OC is stable for your GPU?

For my gtx 260 you mean? i ran like 10 minutes of furmark without errors but as my gtx 260 is at stock cooler i cant run furmark much more, the temp goes to 95C (but most likely it stabilizes at 95-96C)

Back