• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, wireless network is detected, biut will not connect???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

It was working earlier today, then I rebooted & no connection. I see it, but when I select it, it just won't connect, the process starts & goes on like it is trying. I went to the Ubuntu forums, but I can't actuality log in, I put my info in, it says thank you for logging in, but the log in fields are still there. It doesn't say I am logged in. It did this connection prob. 2 times before in Ubuntu, it got fixed by unplugging the USB card, then plugging it in again. This tome, didn't Oh & it never asks me for a pass. for the network, it is secured so that is odd.work.

Was there a kernel update? Perhaps try an older kernel, and see if it helps.

Have you tried playing with it a little, see if it acquires an IP from the router.

#ifconfig

Or try bringing it down/up.

#ifconfig wlan0 down
#ifconfig wlan0 up

Or maybe try connecting with iwconfig...

Just throwing ideas out there.

Last but not least, do you dual boot? Does the same thing happen in Windows?

I have had the same problem with pretty much all of the wireless GUIs for linux. +1 for iwconfig. It's th only way I can ever get it working. And sometimes that still takes a few down / ups.

Back