• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MOV to AVI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Looking for a solution here..

MPC-HC cant play a MOV file with audio WMP cant play a MOV file with video...

Gspot cant see any codecs at all.

How do I take a camera movie and convert it to something that everything will play with out infecting my PC with apple software?

I swore I could do this before... now I just want to convert it... screw craptime....

should try handbrake... should convert just about anything into mp4 .264 files like a charm. i know its not AVI... but its worth a shot and its free!

btw AVI is just a container not necessarily a format that designates a specific codec

Yeah I know handbrake, it is all I use.. But it requires you to have working codecs

Since I cant even playback the file properly... How can I expect it to decode properly...

I will reinstall it and see if that will work.

Last edited:
I use k-lite full with mpc-hc and it plays mov files fine.
Klite installs the quickcrap alternative/lite version so it makes no sense for you not to be able to view or hear it properly.
I have no mov's on my hd but avidemux can change audio inside containers in about 2 minutes leaving it perfectly in sync.
I keep clear of mov's, & mp4's (even though they do have some nice qualities) regardless just because my divx player does not like them.

Neuro, Quicktime/iTunes installs the required codecs. I had the same exact issue with my camera. :D

+ 1. Best movie player for windows OS.
Does it support reclock? Reclock is like an asio driver (sort of) for video sync. Works with mpc-hc but not with mplayer for windows portable.
I actually like mplayer better but it does not support dxva.
And of course my video card doesn't either-lol

Last edited:
Well handbrake to the rescue!

Converted 310 home videos (about 2GB worth of files) in about 75 minutes :) (most of that time was spent loading the queue and checking the playback)

Back