• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so are we gonna make a 3dMark2001 team?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malakai

i missed the end of the thread and cant find it now, are we gonna do it?
if so, hows it goin down?

Probably not... I'm still willing to put some work into it if we can work something out thats fair and everyone can agree on... heck... I'll even find a way to host... instead of puttin the stress on Skip's servers... don't know though... Folding and Seti are benificial... 3dmark is just bragging rights:D But hey... anything is possible... I'll pm skip and ask if he doesn't mind the affiliation thing ;)

well this was *my* idea, and i would like to have done it, but due to some problems with the mods and senior members, i may not be able to have anything to do with the fourms anymore, so ill help RainMaQer off the fourms if he'd like my help. but i guess good luck to you guys, and let me know when u guys get it done, id like to see how it turns out.

]-[itman said:
I missed this thread.....what are you talking about exactly?

Forming a team... kinda like the Seti and Folding teams... but for 3dmark... we'd build a website and members can post their score... we'd be competing to take the #1 spot on madonion... by overclocking... tweaking... and benching :D

I think this would be cool but really how useful is it? It seems like 2-3 times a month someone starts a thread "post your 3Dmark scores" so this is pretty much the same thing.

we could do something here using the "user cp" were it asks you to give your webpage just put your compare link from the madonion site. That would work wouldn't it? Or throw it in at the bottom of your signature?

it doesn't sound bad to me. I mean folding and seti are Distributed Computing projects so their not really the same thing. I see nothing wrong with it because you're just trying to improve each other's overclocking ability and maybe moving up in ranks at the same time. I say as long as you don't mix this with the DC projects it should be fine.

IcarusFalling said:
I think this woul dbe cool but really how useful is it? It seems liek 2-3 times a month someone starts a thread "post your 3Dmark scores" so this is pretty much the smae thing.

we could do something here using the "user cp" were it asks you to give your webpage just put a link to your compare link from the madonion site. That would work wouldn't it?

Yes that would work... but those threads take up quite a bit of bandwidth I'm sure... this would be somewhere you could quickly reference what other members are getting...might be fun too :D

RainMaQer said:

Yes that would work... but those threads take up quite a bit of bandwidth I'm sure... this would be somewhere you could quickly reference what other members are getting...might be fun too :D

Yes and also it would be helping people get higher scores and overclocks with their cards so it would eliminate those threads out of the forum too:)

FULL CREDIT GOES TO DISSOLVED ON THIS ONE!, i just meant that i missed how that ended(that thread).
i think putting overclockers.com or O/C.com in our titles on madonion would be a good idea, and posting only "official" benchmarks with our systems as we normally run them, not a single suicide run for a high score. and putting our specs in the comments section. a web page could be done at a later time, but putting something about overclockers in the title so we can see how many of the high spots in each class we can capture and stuff would be fun. like the best geforce2MX score would be as good as the best Ti500 score, so everyone that wants to can participate.
post some opinions
-Malakai

Malakai said:
FULL CREDIT GOES TO DISSOLVED ON THIS ONE!, i just meant that i missed how that ended(that thread).
i think putting overclockers.com or O/C.com in our titles on madonion would be a good idea, and posting only "official" benchmarks with our systems as we normally run them, not a single suicide run for a high score. and putting our specs in the comments section. a web page could be done at a later time, but putting something about overclockers in the title so we can see how many of the high spots in each class we can capture and stuff would be fun. like the best geforce2MX score would be as good as the best Ti500 score, so everyone that wants to can participate.
post some opinions
-Malakai

I'm waiten on a reply from Skip on using the Overclockers.com affiliation. If I get it... I'm gonna whip us up a nice page and get this ball rollin... And Yes the credit does go to Dissolved for the idea... I'm sure he'll be helpin along as he said he would ;)

if this turns out to be a go, id be happy to help out with anything that I can.
-Malakai

Malakai said:
if this turns out to be a go, id be happy to help out with anything that I can.
-Malakai

I'll help out to get you guys started if you need it but i probably won't be able to keep up after you guys get going(don't have the time). If you do get it going I'll submit the first GeForce2 Ti/Pro score:cool:

Alright I think first we should decide who'll be heading this up and what their jobs are. After that i think we should sperate what cards are going to be seperated. Like the GeForce 2Ti's and the GeForce 2Ultra's shouldn't be compared in my opinion.

yes, and when we publish our scores to the madonion ORB we should put our names and (overclockers.com) or something like that. and only use everyday clock speeds to do the tests, no "suicide runs" and maybe put our system specs in the comments section.
any of this sound good?

Well... we need Graphics (Something using the Logo at the top left of the main forums page), someone to keep the database neat, someone to keep the pages updated (can be the same person), and of course MEMBERS!!! :D

IMHO we should run default benchmarks to get a baseline for every profile... then a top score that is STABLE... which will NOT be enforced... instead left up to the honor and morals of each member to decide what stable is ;) But NO suicide runs!!! As stated every test should include a mention of the team in the title... Being part of the team does NOT however mean that on your own time... you cannot do suicide runs... just DO NOT put ANY mention of the team in the title. If someone wants to join but does not have the connection speed/time to download 3dmark2k1/se perhaps someone can burn it on a cd for them :D

Back