• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

most favourite games ever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
System Shock 1 & 2
Command and Conquer Generals & Zero Hour
Grand Theft Auto III

Sonic3+Sonic & Knuckles on Genesis wins the vintage cup
Zelda: Link's awakening on handheld
Then i guess its a mashup between FF8 and Zelda 64 for recent stuffs

Would have to say,
1.Crono Trigger
2.Baldurs Gate (any of them)
3.EQ

These are mostly my fond memories of games that introduced me to genre's not so much the OMFG greatest game ever. Nastalgia mostly.

Im a tool..

Age of Empires 3
BF2
BFBC2
COD4 (yeah thats 4 but..meh!)

Last edited:
1. X-Wing (Go DOS)
2. Silent Hunter III
3. COD 4

Oddly enough most of my favorite games don't match my favorite genres lol (FPS, Racing)

Heroes of Might & Magic III
Diablo II
Counter-strike 1.5
Counter-strike 1.6
Counter-strike: Source

I've never played anything as much as I've plaed HOMM3. Those are my faves, in order of preference.

Heroes of Might & Magic III
Diablo II
Counter-strike 1.5
Counter-strike 1.6
Counter-strike: Source

I've never played anything as much as I've plaed HOMM3. Those are my faves, in order of preference.
Woot another fan of M&M - I LOVE M&M !!!

My top three besides M&M are:

Warcraft 2 -3 (along with WoW)
DOD and DODs
Final Fantasy 1 -7 (going to try 14 online)

Ok so its more than three :)

Mine will be per system

Snes:

Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Mario RPG

PC:

Diablo 2
System Shock 2
Age of Wonders
Morrowind/Oblivion

N64:

Perfect Dark
Hybrid Heaven
Gauntlet Legends
Shadow Man

This list could go on for every other console too but i will stop. I can't list any favs cause many of these are favorites in many different ways over my whole childhood.

Last edited:
I can't even come up with a list. I've been around a whoooooole lot longer than a lot of people here. There are just too many games.

I can say that NOTHING had the impact that Final Fantasy II did on the SNES (I think that's actually Final Fantasy IV in Japan.) That's when gaming evolved from what Ebert still believes it is into an art form.

The original Metal Gear (not Metal Gear Solid) was also way ahead of its time.

As was Resident Evil: Code Veronica on the Dreamcast.

Alone in the Dark and Alone in the Dark II also get an honorable mention from me. And so does Age of Empires II.

But it'd be impossible to name a favorite (and what's with this "Most favourite" stuff?).

The industry is a game of "tops", they're always trying to out-do what came before them. Gears of War was a very nice "Welcome to the REAL next generation." That game single-handedly led me to get an Xbox 360. Particularly the first time you encounter a turrent. I flanked the left side, snuck up behind the guy and shot him in the back of the head with a pistol.

That was all I needed to see.

Back