• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Vertex 2 60GB $140 @ mWave

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you serious? I just bought one at newegg for $170.

Just an FYI - Its $160 before MIR with Mclub, and with MIR its $140. Newegg has the same MIR, so its a $10 difference. I dont feel bad now. :)

Last edited:
thats a sweet deal considering i paid $196 for mine :( looks like ill be going raid a little sooner than anticipated. nice find!

I got one of these from the Egg a few weeks ago when there was a promo code making it $135 after MIR *crosses fingers* All I can say is HOLY CRAP...SSDs own even high performance 7200RPM drives. The space is enough since I don't game heavily any more (or almost at all really) and though I told myself I'd wait until the next flash shrink and I wanted at least 80GB I was just too tempted.

I will put out a warning for anyone that buys an SSD though - put in some time researching tweaks and settings recommendations. Maybe other companies do a better job but there are things OCZ recommends that aren't documented anywhere but their forum. Also there's a known problem where these (or all Sandforce drives) often won't sleep properly. It's not a hgue deal since boot is so fast but I was pretty irritated that none of the major sites mention this.

I will put out a warning for anyone that buys an SSD though - put in some time researching tweaks and settings recommendations. Maybe other companies do a better job but there are things OCZ recommends that aren't documented anywhere but their forum. Also there's a known problem where these (or all Sandforce drives) often won't sleep properly. It's not a hgue deal since boot is so fast but I was pretty irritated that none of the major sites mention this.

So collect that data and put it all in one thread here :)

Thats a great deal. I bought 2 of them about 3 weeks ago. Put one in my lappy and on in my desktop. even without a benchmark you can tell they are way faster. I am going to grab another to raid 0 on my desktop

Boot time on my lappy fell from 1:21 to under 25 seconds
all apps open faster especially photoshop

Back