• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No SLI configuration in Nvida CP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amnios

I freshly reinstalled my Vista 64 and updated to the latest Nvidia drivers.

I goto the Nvidia CP and I don't see any option any more to enable or disable SLI... only physX is there.

I dont have the SLI AA options anymore either... something big time is wrong.

I can set the physx to either Card A or B however.

What happened to SLI all of a sudden?

??

FWI i just tried reinstalling DX and the Nvidia drivers and still nothing.

Last edited:
The SLi bride could not have went bad.

It has no chips in it or anything... its a cord. The fact that it was working just the other day rules that out.

What kind of software issue could cause this?

Does anyone know of anywhere I can turn to for more info?

The cord is not likely bad, however it is possible.

It would be tremendously helpful to list your parts in your PC though.

Maybe try an older driver is my suggestion.

I already tried the same driver I was using before I reinstalled windows.

Besides that if there was an SLI problem with a current driver it would be all over this board.

It cant be my hardware because I had SLI before the reinstall. I have a 1000 W Corsair PS and 6 gigs or ram... I basically bought higher end stuff for this build... rampage 2 extreme with an i7 920, dual BFG OC GTX 280's... etc... its a better then average system no question. I even have a couple of SSD's too!

I guess I have no choice but to reinstall windows... again.

this sucks.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I was just grasping at straws be looking on the net. This sort of problem is not easily traced.

Thanks for asking.... I'll bet a few were wondering already.

Absolutely not. Both devices show they are working without errors.

In a sick way I wish I was getting Dmanager errors... but that might mean something much more serious than I hope is actually going on now... but at least I wouldn't be in the dark.

Seems like my no SLI in CP issue is somewhat common when I do a google search. No real positive answer has surfaced though.

I'm not at home right now... but would it not be the one that comes with the Asus Rampage 2 Extreme? brand = Gigabyte?

I'm curious, where might you be going with this?

Well you said you did a fresh install of Vista so you probably updated all the drivers and such.

I had a problem getting SLi to enable in the Nvidia control panel if I had the latest Realtek NIC drivers. I rolled back the drivers to an older version and that brought back the SLi option.

So just check it out.

EDIT: I just looked at your motherboard and it looks as if you do have a Realtek network adapter, so it more than likely may be the problem.

Even when not in use? I wonder if he has autmoatic updates and install on and thats what did it (if thats the issue).

Well when I installed Win7 I didn't really look at the updates, just installed em all and in that was the Realtek drivers.

Other people had the same problem as me on the Nvidia forums and somebody suggested doing that and it worked.

And what do you mean by "Even when not in use" EarthDog?

Well you said you did a fresh install of Vista so you probably updated all the drivers and such.

I had a problem getting SLi to enable in the Nvidia control panel if I had the latest Realtek NIC drivers. I rolled back the drivers to an older version and that brought back the SLi option.

So just check it out.

EDIT: I just looked at your motherboard and it looks as if you do have a Realtek network adapter, so it more than likely may be the problem.

Any chance you can let me know exactly which one?

He said he doesnt use the onboard NIC, so would this problem still happen, even 'when not in use'. Maybe that was a different thread... :p

As far as amnios, just roll it back. Its a NIC driver, they dont come out monthly. ;)

I think it would still cause an issue (if it were the problem) since the drivers are still there and possibly blocking the SLi option somehow.

My board EVGA x58 SLI had the same issue with the Realtek NIC driver. I had to disable the driver through DM. I had error codes on my second card in my experience though.

I have 2 Network cards built into the Rampage. I am plugged into one for my internet... the other I am not using.

So really your saying if I just got device manager and bring up the adapter and click roll back (maybe once or twice after reboot)... that is possibly the cause of the problem?

Back