• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Download Not Allowed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
Trying to download an MS.exe file from their site (Program Convert MS Word 2007). At some point I recently changed my security settings
and am receiving the message "Your current settings security do not allow this file to be downloaded."

I've looked all over "Help" and can't remember what I changed. Suggestions please?

Try this:

click on tools
click on internet options
click on security
click on custom level
scroll down till you get to downloads in the security section
click and enable automatic prompting for downloads
click and enable file download

Try this:

click on tools
click on internet options
click on security
click on custom level
scroll down till you get to downloads in the security section
click and enable automatic prompting for downloads
click and enable file download

Fly,

Those are set and you suggested and "no go." My XP Pro machine on this home network allows it so I can get around it that way but I shouldn't need to.

Review your security settings as mentioned, except look at items which are set to disabled. Something is set to disabled which should be set to prompt for safety, or allow if you don't mind the risk.

Adding every site you want to download executables from to the trusted sites list may work, however that also depends on your security settings for the trusted site zone.

Fixed!

Guys,

Here it is, by process of elimination (from "Disable" to "Prompt"). Thank you all for the suggestions, it was getting "ugly" here! My wife left the room.......:D

Maybe this will help someone else.

Attachments

• Fixed.jpg
    Fixed.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 62
gotta love those annoying settings. Too bad windows doesn't tell you what's blocking the download.

click here if you want to change settings. or something. lol

Back