• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HEY! It's ME!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

]-[itman

Hey everyone. I'm going to be hanging around here a little bit. I'm not moving over to the Intel side, I am a very dedicated AMD guy, but i'm basically here to expand my knowledge. Hopefully you people can teach me a lot about the Intel point of view:cool:

You are very welcome.
Knowledge is everything...no matter which brand of cpu's you prefer.

....and who knows...maybe cyrix can do a miracle sometime in the future and produce a hyper-cpu....lol

there are a couple shining stars in the intel view right now:

Celeron 1.0A, 1.1A, 1.2- These all have 256cache and are a little slower clock/clock with Athlons, but you wouldnt notice the difference, they are based on a .13micron process, and overclock beautifully, i have not seen one yet not make the 1.4GHZ point....also a 15-20$ quiet heatsink is more than enough for these chips.....

PIII-S 1.2/1.26- Have 512cache and clock/clock are slightly faster than an Athlon, but again the difference is negligible at stock speeds, however people have gotten these chips up to fsbs of 166-170 (with good components) and speeds of 1.45 GHZ+ at which points they start whipping the Athlons badly.....again a 15-20$ ehatsink is fine.......they are based on the same proces as the abovementioned cellies......

P4 1.6A,1.8A- The only affordable northwoods(512cache) there are out there, are very rare and get r***** by Athlons clock/clock......however they easily overclock to speeds of 2.4GHZ+ at which point the Athlons cannot compete...thsi can be done with the intel retail heatsink:eek: .......they are also .13 micron

other than these chips i dont think there are any new intel cpus really worth getting...;

I'm the opposite of you trying to learn more on AMD and skimming through the arcticles people post to get a better knowledge in the AMD area, as I have an AMD computer now :D

So do what I do read through all the arcticles (Especially the recent chips like Tualatin and Northwood cores, the arcticle and overclocking posts are cool). :D

Once you read through them its pretty easy to remember. All the Northwood and Tualatin overclock very well.

Yodums

Yodums said:
I'm the opposite of you trying to learn more on AMD and skimming through the arcticles people post to get a better knowledge in the AMD area, as I have an AMD computer now :D

So do what I do read through all the arcticles (Especially the recent chips like Tualatin and Northwood cores, the arcticle and overclocking posts are cool). :D

Once you read through them its pretty easy to remember. All the Northwood and Tualatin overclock very well.

Yodums

woah....i just realized that you had an amd...:rolleyes: ....thats a first, my whole world has been fliped upside down....btw nice fsb there.....

funnyperson1 said:

woah....i just realized that you had an amd...:rolleyes: ....thats a first, my whole world has been fliped upside down....btw nice fsb there.....

Hey thanks, I got a Duron Morgan coming too!

Good luck on the new Tually, I know it'll be a sweet chips as all the 1.0a were :)

Yodums

funnyperson1 said:
there are a couple shining stars in the intel view right now:

Celeron 1.0A, 1.1A, 1.2- These all have 256cache and are a little slower clock/clock with Athlons, but you wouldnt notice the difference, they are based on a .13micron process, and overclock beautifully, i have not seen one yet not make the 1.4GHZ point....also a 15-20$ quiet heatsink is more than enough for these chips.....

PIII-S 1.2/1.26- Have 512cache and clock/clock are slightly faster than an Athlon, but again the difference is negligible at stock speeds, however people have gotten these chips up to fsbs of 166-170 (with good components) and speeds of 1.45 GHZ+ at which points they start whipping the Athlons badly.....again a 15-20$ ehatsink is fine.......they are based on the same proces as the abovementioned cellies......

P4 1.6A,1.8A- The only affordable northwoods(512cache) there are out there, are very rare and get r***** by Athlons clock/clock......however they easily overclock to speeds of 2.4GHZ+ at which point the Athlons cannot compete...thsi can be done with the intel retail heatsink:eek: .......they are also .13 micron

other than these chips i dont think there are any new intel cpus really worth getting...;

Thanks for the update. That helps a lot now that i don't have to read a lot just to get up to date. I just have 1 question. When you say the pIII's are a little faster than the Athlons clock/clock do you mean the XP's? Also i like this race between AMD and Intel. First AMD against original p4's and p3's.....AMD wins. Next the northwood and .13 technology comes in from Intel.....Intel wins. Next? The AMD comes in with .13. Who's gonna win? Honestly i think AMD will pull a little ahead again here. Back and forth over and over again. BTW what is the next thing intel has planned?

I just have 1 question. When you say the pIII's are a little faster than the Athlons clock/clock do you mean the XP's?

I'd say about like an XP. here is 1.53 Vs 1.53:

Attachments

• 153_cpu.jpg
    153_cpu.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 76
Yodums said:

Hey thanks, I got a Duron Morgan coming too!

Good luck on the new Tually, I know it'll be a sweet chips as all the 1.0a were :)

Yodums

thanks man...hopefully ill get to touch it soon....good news though my AP French Teacher called and said i was one of the few people to get an A on the last test so i may be gettting it soon...like next week.....

funnyperson1 said:

thanks man...hopefully ill get to touch it soon....good news though my AP French Teacher called and said i was one of the few people to get an A on the last test so i may be gettting it soon...like next week.....

Bien!!!

:p

Back