• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 5850 Twin frozr II good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alegelos

I thinking to buy a MSI HD 5850 Twin Frozr II, i try to Google some reviews, but none found. Wier wondering why..:sly:

I know in November ATI new series will come out. But i will sell this same day or before it happens.

Do you recommend me the MSI 5850 Twin frozr II? is it a good graphic card? best of the 5850?

price is 280 usd +/-

Thanks for your opinions :)

I have a MSI Hawk which has a twin frozr II heatsink and I can say it is pretty amazing. After changing the thermal paste and overclocking to 1ghz, it never goes above 61c at 50% fan speed which is very quiet. The 5850 is a lot hotter but my experiences have been very good and the unlocked voltage control lets you overclock well past 1ghz. I have seen all the 5850's and I think the MSI one is the best. Also I just realized you have a Hawk so tell me your experiences with it.

i just order it from China, so it will arrive in about 15-25 days.
Also i order a CPU AMD 1055T to run my DDR3 pc-2000 CL7 :)

i will try some and max safe OC

Tell me what you think of the Hawk and what temps you get with that?

I love the "hawk" line, it got 2 coolers and even better a good heat sink with pipes. So just for that its better than others normals 5850. All high quality components and specially designed for OC. So thats exactly what i like in a good Graphic card! :)

Bad points: it dont throw hot air outside case. But i guess it will downgrade the low temps. I got good case air flow, so no problem at all to me :thup:

I read this MSI 5850 TF have voltage bug, have to upgrade bios etc to fix. But i guess mine will have it solved cause of date.

I spec my MSI 5850 TF to run same or better than a 5870 at stock. I will try to get core to 1000mhz and mems to 1300 or little more. I also bought some mem heat sinks.
They confirmed my order will arrive at 20 of September +/- So soon i will post my test results :)
Also wanna try out that crap about adding a Geforce 240GT for PhyXs

whats about your opinion of this card?

I love the card, plays most games for me at max at 1680x1050. Normal temps at 1ghz with 1.3 volts was about 72c and I reapplied the thermal paste and now my temps are at 61c max after gaming for a couple hours at 50% fan speed. I really like it but my max overclock is around 1020-1025 which is great but many other have gotten it to 1075 and I would just want this for benchmarking purposes. Later on I might add another or get a Radeon 6850 :)

yes! me too. Although i love this card i will sell it in few month to buy the new MSI 6850 Hawk.

Last edited:
Back