• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.5 vCore - bad motherboard or a glitch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mario1

Grammer, its my favoriate thing
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1370778 CPU-Z shows that my CPU is running (or atleast was, I'm running it @ stock at the moment) @ 1.5vcore.
Is this possible when my stock voltage is 1,35v and I bumped it with 0.0150 just to be sure that its stable and was planning to try @ the stock 1,35 vCore later.
So was those 1,5v just an incorrect reading or something is wrong with my motherboard?
I'm not sure where to post this topic - in Motherboards subforum or in the CPUs one so I'll let a moderator decide that.

More than likely it's just a software glitch, what are the temps when it gets up to 1.5v?

You're running at 1.35v in the bios right now correct?

Yes I'm running @ 1.35v in BIOS at the moment, but when I OCed it to 3,4ghz I increased it with +0.0150v and it got to 1,5v in CPU-Z.
CPU-Z is fine when on stock voltage (shows 1,35 which is correct).
The temps peaked @ 65c, but they we're mostly 63-64 while stresstesting with prime95.
P.S I'm using the Intel stock cooler.

Does your bios have a page that shows current voltage? Often it's on a "PC Health" page, or something like that.

Does your bios have a page that shows current voltage? Often it's on a "PC Health" page, or something like that.
At 1st I clicked "Save and exit" to apply the OC, than I went to bios again.
The voltage was about 1,365v or so, after booting into OS and seeing that CPU-Z displays 1,5v I went back to the BIOS.
Well... the results we're the same, BIOS showed 1,5v too after booting into OS and going in bios again.
I tried @ 2,9ghz, stock voltage and everything was pretty much OK, except for the bad vdrop from 1,35 to 1,29.

:shrug:

Do you have a SW OCing app installed? It may be trying to increase the voltage each time you go into widows and passing that to the BIOS for the next boot.

Reconfigure or uninstall the SW and the behavior should stop ;)

Do you have a SW OCing app installed? It may be trying to increase the voltage each time you go into widows and passing that to the BIOS for the next boot.

Reconfigure or uninstall the SW and the behavior should stop ;)
Thanks for the help, but I don't have any OCing apps installed.
Only have RealTemp, MemSet, Prime95 and CPU-Z as far as performance monitoring goes so no OS OCing software installed (excluding MemSet offcourse).

I guess my shi**y motherboard just can't handle an E5400 under OC, the board was fine with my Celeron 330J with 1ghz+ OC,but it can't handle 700mhz OC on an E5400, I guess I'd just have to upgrade.
I'm planning on spending 400$ for a cheap Gigabyte AM3 mobo and a Phenom + 2GB of DDR3 ram and throwing my old rig out the window.

Thanks for the help, but I don't have any OCing apps installed.
Only have RealTemp, MemSet, Prime95 and CPU-Z as far as performance monitoring goes so no OS OCing software installed (excluding MemSet offcourse).

I guess my shi**y motherboard just can't handle an E5400 under OC, the board was fine with my Celeron 330J with 1ghz+ OC,but it can't handle 700mhz OC on an E5400, I guess I'd just have to upgrade.
I'm planning on spending 400$ for a cheap Gigabyte AM3 mobo and a Phenom + 2GB of DDR3 ram and throwing my old rig out the window.

Hey, i'll take it. :) It'd make a great computer for the mom. Just tell me which window you're throwing it out. ;)

Hey, i'll take it. :) It'd make a great computer for the mom. Just tell me which window you're throwing it out. ;)
Lol I can send you the mobo, cpu & RAM combo when I get new ones, but you'd have to pay the transportation fees and I bet it is gonna cost ya, because I'm from Bulgaria :(....
So yeah if you're not living in Spain, Greece, Turky or Serbia (or somewhere else close to Bulgaria) it would be cheaper for you to buy them from newegg. :D

Lol I can send you the mobo, cpu & RAM combo when I get new ones, but you'd have to pay the transportation fees and I bet it is gonna cost ya, because I'm from Bulgaria :(....
So yeah if you're not living in Spain, Greece, Turky or Serbia (or somewhere else close to Bulgaria) it would be cheaper for you to buy them from newegg. :D

:shock:

Back