• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brand differences.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tyl998

Hi all, I'm pretty to putting together my own computer, and I have no experience at all with overclocking :bday: I'm hoping to get some general advice about PSUs. Assuming the printed specs are same or very similar, how do the performances of the PSUs from the various campanies differ? For example, I've seen many people recommend Corsair and Antec (and to a lesser extend Cooler Master, Seasonic, Thermaltake, Enermax, and Silverstone), but is there a particular strength of each of the brands? Or is each individual product line within the companies different enough to warrant its own strengths and weaknesses? Being new to the whole DIY scene, there're just SO MANY CHOICES to make, and I'm afraid I'll be overloaded with information. I need some filtering help. Thanks in advance y'all!

It's all about OEM that company uses. And you can't speak about a brand as a whole but only for specific models because every decent brand has an entry-level line, a good one and a enthusiast one (for example).

You have a nice sticky here with reliable PSU's. Worth a read. ;)

Back