• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q9400 Folding - Please help quickly to get it folding!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSUmaxx

Hi all,

I have someone that would like to help with some folding but my knowledge is sadly outdated. I'm going to get back into it also soon.

What is the best (quickest, most efficient) way to fold as a service on a Q9400? Flags? Best way to set them? :attn:

Help! :shrug:

Thanks!

You are awesome - first view to the thread gave me exactly what I needed. Thanks zodac!

More questions - it looks like that computer will only produce about 600-1000 PPD. Seems a little low for a quad core even though it isn't the latest and greatest.

I am using the "big" option along with advmethods and smp -4

Ideas?

Ahh, I've been out of the game waaaaayyyyy too long :) I was just using the extreme oc stats page and got to thinking. I'll search around the forum to see how bonus points are awarded, etc.

By the way, I just did some digging - nice work on your app! Makes me really want to get back into things again...

/takes a bow

Thank you! Thank you! No applause necessary. :D Nice tools make Folding more fun... for sure. Who the heck wants to look at a plain text file? ;)

@pik - if you can upload xml files to a server you have public access to, you will soon be able to monitor all those instances of HFM in one "master" instance. Again, I said monitor, not change. I've been working on code, nearly complete, that will let you merge the grid data (same data used to build the HTML files) into another instance of HFM.

So if you have 5 remote instances of HFM and want to view all their clients' progress in one instance at home... you'll be able to do that through use of the xml files.

/takes a bow

Thank you! Thank you! No applause necessary. :D Nice tools make Folding more fun... for sure. Who the heck wants to look at a plain text file? ;)

@pik - if you can upload xml files to a server you have public access to, you will soon be able to monitor all those instances of HFM in one "master" instance. Again, I said monitor, not change. I've been working on code, nearly complete, that will let you merge the grid data (same data used to build the HTML files) into another instance of HFM.

So if you have 5 remote instances of HFM and want to view all their clients' progress in one instance at home... you'll be able to do that through use of the xml files.

Oooh... will that be in v0.5.5, or a later one?

Oooh... will that be in v0.5.5, or a later one?

Actually, don't let that v0.5.5 confuse you... it's just an intermediate number I threw in there while developing. The version I release will likely be v0.6.0. I've done waaaayyyy too much already to call the next version anything but a minor version upgrade.

Oh, yeah... you didn't really ask that. ;) Yes, I've got to finish up the code but that feature is about half done. I just moved over to the SQL backend project you've seen me post about for a while b/c I had to take some time to figure out where I can going with this "xml merge" feature, and I think I know now what I need to do to complete it. It's been something I've wanted to do / been on the request list for a long time.

How do you configure the program?

That's a pretty broad question... can you be more specific about what you're trying to do? HFM is built to be pretty simple. Point at a folder and go. :)

Are you the one who just posted in the Google Group?

http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net/browse_thread/thread/6bbe0ed79e1f50f2

Please respond in the HFM.NET thread here on OCF... I don't want to jack OSUmaxx's thread anymore.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=604660

Actually, don't let that v0.5.5 confuse you... it's just an intermediate number I threw in there while developing. The version I release will likely be v0.6.0. I've done waaaayyyy too much already to call the next version anything but a minor version upgrade.

Oh, yeah... you didn't really ask that. ;) Yes, I've got to finish up the code but that feature is about half done. I just moved over to the SQL backend project you've seen me post about for a while b/c I had to take some time to figure out where I can going with this "xml merge" feature, and I think I know now what I need to do to complete it. It's been something I've wanted to do / been on the request list for a long time.

Do we have an ETA? It's been sooo long since I updated HFM. :cry:

Back