• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone tell me the difference between these two Mushkin kits?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Looks. The Ridgebacks look cooler, and maybe theoretically will run a bit colder with the attached heatsinks. Since your watercooling, I might opt for the Ridgebacks since you wont have a CPU fan blowing air around...but at the 1.65v that DDr3 runs on, almost no real heat is generated by DDr3. Mine RAM is completely naked.

I do plan on moderately overclocking to ~4.0Ghz. This should not require a bump in RAM voltage right?

I also plan on having 2 fans blowing air into the case, and the two H70 fans that are pulling air through the radiator should take all that air out. Kinda made sense to me.

I do plan on moderately overclocking to ~4.0Ghz. This should not require a bump in RAM voltage right?

I also plan on having 2 fans blowing air into the case, and the two H70 fans that are pulling air through the radiator should take all that air out. Kinda made sense to me.

I think you will be fine either way honestly. And no, as long as your running the RAM in spec they shouldn't need any additional voltage.

Same specs, probably the same chips. Just go with whichever you find look better :) I reviewed the same Ridgeback kit in 4GB a thread below this if you want a closer look. cheers

Back