• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling noob in need of critique and advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dustandshadow13

Hello everyone, I've got a new rig I'm working on getting a new rig together in a month or two and I've finally decided to leave my air behind. For once I'd like to have some really solid overclocks within my reach that I have been unable to accomplish in the past.

This is what I'm looking at so far as far as my core components:

EVGA GTX 480 x2
Corsair 1000HX PSU
Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 1600
EVGA E760 Classified (Maybe)
Intel Core i7-930
Coolermaster Cosmos RC-1000 (Current Case)

I'm looking at running two separate loops one for the 480s and one for the cpu and mobo (if necessary). This is what I have going on thus far:

XSPC Rasa CPU Block
2x - DD-GTX480 All Copper Version Water Block for Nvidia GTX480
ENZOTECH BSLI-1 Fittings Package
2x - Swiftech MCP355™ 12 VDC Pump
2x - XSPC Premium Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC
XSPC RX360 (CPU)
XSPC RX480 (GPU)
7x - Yate Loon 120mm High Speed Silent Case Fan - D12SH-12
10ft - PrimoFlex Pro LRT Tubing -1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD
14x - Compression Fitting

Now right now I'm not too sure about the motherboard. From what I've read the Classified can hit some pretty nasty temps while overclocking. Other than that I like everything else about it. If I decided on going this way, could I and should I grab the EK block and add it into the cpu loop? I haven't came across anything mentioning how much heat that would add to it so I'm not too sure on that.

Another area of confusion is placement with the Cosmos I have. I suppose I could mod the case easily enough to fit the 360 in the top and mount the 480 on the back, or for simplicity's sake would I be better off going with something like an obsidian or something ridiculous from Mountain Mods. Well, at least if I could squeeze a new case in without having to sleep on the couch for a week or two...

I'm open to any suggestions, I have plenty of time to decide on my final setup.

Last edited:
I am new to water cooling but I thought I would share a video that I have found resourceful.

He took everything out of that MM UFO case and put it in an Obsidian that was modified for the SR2. He sells the cases and they are flawless, but I am not sure on the cost. here is the vid where he put it all in the Obsidian.

The builder Truby will answer question you may have concerning your build if you cannot get them on here.

I kinda regret getting my DD MPC-CPU wb, but if I could throw it away I would get a heat killer ;)

Do you think 10ft of tubing is enough? I ordered 13' thinking I had extra, but I only have about 18" left after the build... lol Make sure you get some extra.

I thought enzotech stuff was cheap stuff? Correct if I'm wrong but you're better off with Bitspower or other brands, if you're going to spend that much on your setup.

I thought enzotech stuff was cheap stuff? Correct if I'm wrong but you're better off with Bitspower or other brands, if you're going to spend that much on your setup.

Haha, don't know how I let those sneak in there! Ill have to poke around for a replacement. EK bridge perhaps?

As far as the cpu block goes the heatkiller was my initial choice, though now that you guys question it. I have only seen one review on the rasa. If I cant dig up any more info I will probably switch it back.

Back