• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5970 + 5870 xfire question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nizzo

Registered
Im thinking of buying a 5870 to xfire with my current 5970. A few questions first. I have a micro ATX board, from experience, does anyone know if a 5970 and 5870 would fit? I know two 5870s will fit. Second, how easy would it be to xfire these two cards? Third, is a 875w PSU enough? Im running i7930, Asetek liquid cooling, 12gb ddr3 mem. Thanks in advance!

you might aswell get a 5850 since thats what your 5870 will be running at you'll have to flash the 5970 bios to 5870 specs first. power supply will be enough if its got a good brand name with a good efficiency rate

you might aswell get a 5850 since thats what your 5870 will be running at you'll have to flash the 5970 bios to 5870 specs first. power supply will be enough if its got a good brand name with a good efficiency rate

Whys the 5870 going to be running slower? Can't i just OC it?

5970's run at 5850 speeds and your grahpics cards will only go as fast as the slowest one

Double check the Micro board is not a x4 on the 2nd Pcie slot. Mine is..not sure it matters for my PhysX card but makes a diff for xfire thats for certain. Im sure you already looked into that...but just in you did not consider that, im reminding;)

Back