Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Forum Feedback
Forum Feedback Likes and Gripes about the Forums. No Post Count.
Forum Jump

post count

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 09-09-10, 03:48 PM   #21
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

While IMOG is being kind and explaining all of the reasons it should have been done (all of which I agree with), I want you and everyone else to know it was me that removed it.

You posted in a thread asking about the very thing you had spoofed in your postbit. I figured it stood to reason that wouldn't really be wise to leave in there and confuse the OP or anyone else. Since you didn't seem to be removing it, it was removed for you.

Yes, I was busy at the time and didn't PM you about it, primarily because I considered that reasoning obvious. Will be sure to notify you next time.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-10, 03:57 PM   #22
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Let's run through the chain of events Ben:

1. Ben does something silly
2. It wastes 20 seconds of a moderators time undoing it
3. You ask about it
4. It wastes 20 minutes of my time explaining
5. You ask to be proactively notified next time someone has to undo something silly you do

Given the circumstances, the answer is no. If its a big enough deal, you'll get a formal warning, an infraction, or a ban. If its a minor deal, the staff has the right to change anything they want any way they see fit - that also includes not sending a friendly message to you after you waste 20 seconds of their time over something trivial. That's a privilige entrusted to them in exchange for their time and effort spent dealing with issues on the site.

The mods are encouraged to communicate to users when posts are edited or there are problems, and its not always consistent. We try and we are volunteers. We are all here to enjoy the forums - it is not a job and when others try to make it a job its generally really annoying from a moderation perspective. There might be other forums out there who do it better than us though.

The bottom line of all this is that you may need to realign your expectations if you think you can put rocks into the system and expect to get gold in return. You generally get out of things what you put into things. So you are expected to be a grown up, you are expected to understand the world doesn't revolve around Ben, and you are expected to know that sometimes when you kick rocks some rocks might get kicked back in your direction. This whole discussion over nothing is a great metaphor for the way the world and life in general works. You could take something out of this rather than pointing fingers and complaining about what other people are doing.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-10, 04:03 PM   #23
Ben333
Folding for Team 32!

Well this obviously means a lot more to you than it does to me. This thread doesn't need to be getting so personal, if my input is going to be so problematic to your perfect system then I can keep it to myself. If this is the way your world turns, good for you. Mine doesn't stop for something small. 20 minutes of your time doesn't need to be wasted, I took about a minute per each post of mine and if that's going to cause you problems I can keep out of topics like this. If you don't want me in your "world", you have all the power and position to take me out. This place isn't like it used to be.

Jeremy, thanks for the reply. I don't demand anything but some communication is nice. I wasn't only talking about this case but in other cases too.

Last edited by Ben333; 09-09-10 at 04:08 PM.
Ben333 is offline Author Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-10, 04:18 PM   #24
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

This whole discussion was a waste of time for you then. Fortunately it was only a couple minutes of your time.

Since its relevant, I also find that the ability to accept and be introspective regarding constructive criticism is a reflection of ones own personal level of maturity and intellectual development. There's been no shortage of criticism leveraged in my direction and I don't expect that to end anytime soon, but fortunately, I've always got my eyes open for things I can do better. Criticism is often the fastest path to improvement - I say that a lot.

Next time around I'll probably not bother offering a bit of helpful criticism or insight. Maybe I don't know much of anything useful with regards to getting along with people or what reasonable expectations are within social communitites.

Or maybe I'm being cutting and abrasive. Hard to say, its been a full day of work. Either way, I don't think I've been unfair with anything I've said, but I'm sorry you've taken offence. My last post did mention that we aren't perfect and other places might do things better. I'm certainly not suffering from any delusions of perfection.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-10, 04:24 PM   #25
Ben333
Folding for Team 32!

Sorry I don't have time to write up such a polite and politically correct statement that makes me look like the better person. I'll keep out of your business, I don't have a problem with you.
Ben333 is offline Author Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Forum Feedback
Forum Feedback Likes and Gripes about the Forums. No Post Count.