• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Messing with S775

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoD_tattoo

So I got a Giga S775 board and a couple S775 processors to mess around with. First one I messed with today was a Pentium 4 2.80...Got it up to 4.1ghz.

My first question is, with these processors, what is the max voltage you would put through it. I don't care if it explodes and sends shrapnel across the room. I'm not looking for stable at all. I'm talking max on air and dice...

Second question would be other than vcore adjustment, what should i be looking at? Dram voltage was set to 2.0...Lower? Higher?

I'm looking for max CPUz score's with these chips just to get a feel for it..Don't care much about their welfare....hehehe

For a P4, as many volts as you can get unless it's a northwood. Prescotts sometimes die under high volts, but cedar mills are pretty tough. They also obnoxious clock speeds.

1376165.png
This one is a Prescott..Not sure on the others...

Hell man. 1.6v is just getting started!

Find OCP (hits load and everything goes black), and back it down a notch :p
If you don't care if the cpu dies, you can use pretty much any volts you like really.

I had one board that freaked the h*ck out if you set it to over 2.0v... oh wait that was my silly tier biostar.

I'd just set it to 2.0, that should be enough unless you are voltmodding the 3.3 line to the vcore.

965P-DS3...Just bought it to mess around. Not sure if it's a decent board or junk to be honest.

Hey that might be the one I had! Are there bits of eraser hanging around near the socket in the VRMs and stuff? :)

The DS3 is an ok board, it can OC but nothing special. Hurry up and crank that chip to 2.0! :beer:

God_Tatto, that screenshot is it on air?

In a closet I have a 478 socket P4 3GHz overclocked @ 3.6GHz on a Abit IS7 with 1.440v on CPUZ......wondering if it could goes further on air...with more voltage.

Yes that was air. Megahalems with Yate Loons. Never checked temps though since I don't really care about the chip.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a question regarding P4 chips...

I have 2 of them on my desk 524 and a 530, will they run in my P45 MIIF? if not can someone recommend a decent clocking board that will run them both?

Personally I wouldn't push more than 1.6v on air even if the temps are good. When its on dice you can methodically raise the volts .05 or .1, all the way to mobo max, and see what it will really do. Just being cold will get you more mhz at the same voltage.

Those chips have lowish bclk so you don't have to worry about bushing the NB. I haven't seen a 965 giga, but my 965 asus is basically Vcore, NBv SBv, dram v. Its as easy as raising the vcore :). Check your ram specs for the dram v.

The 530 yes, it's a 200fsb cpu and should be happy.
The 524 maybe, it's a 133fsb and may or may not be happy. You can always padmod for more default volts and 200fsb.

There's a padmod article on the front page, give that a whirl.
Feel free to PM me with questions though.

The hardest part is going to be figuring out how to increase voltage when you don't know the vid.

beating the **** out of my old server board i see. glad to see your enjoying it!
Definately enjoying it. It works perfectly. Just what I needed to beat up on some S775 stuff. I started with Core i7's, so I never got to learn or beat up on this stuff. Lots o points out there for me to grab if I can master these. I hope anyway.

Guess I need me some Cedar Mills if I wanna hit 6ghz

Last edited:
Back