• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bioware screw up their most anticipated DLC so far...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got in to Mass Effect 1/2 after ignoring them for awhile. I have to say, fantastic games. Do you really think the DLC is worth it though? I got about 30-35 hours out of ME1. I expect ME2 to be the same. There are currently 3 DLC you pay for that add platable content ( not just new weapons ). All three costs $20. I heard that each DLC is between 1-3 hours. So basically for $50 you get 30 hours of play, for $20 you get maybe 5 hours maximum? Really? And heck I only paid $25 for ME2, didn't get it for full retail.

For Drage Age: Awakening at least the expansion added a decent amount of content, these ME2 DLC look like a big rip off.

I am referring to the newest one ( Shadow Broker ), Overlord and Kasumi. I believe these are the three best that add actual content and not just items. The three DLC cost $25 total for the 2000 bioware points required. How many hours of content do you think these three add? Like I said, as far as I can tell from reviews a total of 5 hours or so. 5 hours of content for $25? That is almost the cost of an expansion pack. Do most expansions add only 5 hours of content? Dragon Age: Awakening certainly is more. I mean I bought the entire game for $25 on D2D. I am not going to use that as an example though, just stating for reference sake. Even using the full $50 price tag, $25 for 3 DLC that last 5, MAYBE 6 hours seems like a rip off to me, personally.

Well, not to really defend it much, but all three of the DLC gives you at least a few things you can use in back in the main game. Especially Kasumi, a character that you can use throughout majority of the game.

Back