• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Choosing Case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaosmachine420

I am upgrading my case for wire management. I was looking at the Corsair 600t case but then I was told about the Cool Master CM 690 II. I need to know which one would be a better deal and can fit a 5850 graphics card. Is there any other cases with alot of air flow and cable management built in which it being a decent price.

Couple questions to help you out a bit:

What is your price range?
What size case do you want?
What case do you have now?

I the highest is I think 160 dollars and below. The case size Mid tower to Full but has to have air flow and cable management. I have the Antec 900.

The sniper does look good but I want to make sure if no one else makes any better. If there might be something even better coming out. I got a good amount of time but I would like to get the new case sooner.

I am upgrading my case for wire management. I was looking at the Corsair 600t case but then I was told about the Cool Master CM 690 II. I need to know which one would be a better deal and can fit a 5850 graphics card. Is there any other cases with alot of air flow and cable management built in which it being a decent price.

i have the cm 690 ii advanced, its a really good case but the stock fans are weak and i replaced them with yateloon and scythe, which ups the price. if i was buying one now i would definitely get the corsair 600t it has 2 large fans that they say move alot of air so that is already taken care of where as with the cm690 you have to by fans seperately. so they both work out to about the same price in the end. the 600t seems to be better engineered and also has 8 expansion slots and the cm690 has 7. but at any rate, i am very satisfied with my case, it keeps everything cool.

I have the Thermaltake Element G and I can assure it has both great cable management AND great air flow.

Currently 114.99 at Newegg and 90 after rebate.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...133086&cm_re=element_g-_-11-133-086-_-Product

As you can see, I'm not real tedious with cable management. I just get it out of the way and move on, but you can see here the sheer room that you do have. There is also room behind the motherboard tray to route wires.

inside_1.jpg

inside_2.jpg

Daemonkin what type of video card do you have to make sure mine will fit. Or if i can take out parts of the hard drive cage like the Corsair one lets you.

Is there any more suggestions for cases I just want to get as many choices as I can to see what one is the best for me.

Im just gonna have to throwi in the 932, now that I see the price has dropped. Youll love all the room to work around in, and its too bad for cable mgt. I only wish it was black stock inside. Sadly its not.

I love the antec 1200...I just use the back side which is removable for excess power cables and its so freaking huge air flow isn't a problem(mine has 10 fans...and my dad says it levitates)

Well I have an Antec right now and they arent really it looks like up on there cable management but yes they have tons of fans for the cooling. I just wish they had controllers for them tho on the outside of the case.

Antec 600 excellent value for the price and leaves you with some extra cash for other mods.

Antec 600 (black version) excellent value for the price and leaves you with some extra cash for other mods.

Hot swap bays, fan controllers, excellent 200mm exhaust, fan filters and excellent CM. I have used this for a few builds and love it. The only issue I had with it was the lack of a removable motherboard tray, but in all honesty I haven't purchased a case with one for a long time now and don't really care for the feature anyways.

Idk about modding cases I rather stay away from that. Since they are making better cases might as well support them so maybe later they can make the case you want.

I just want to make sure this is all that is out there because its looking like my dvd drive is dying and I might as well order all in one time.

i like the antec 1200 these look ok as well:
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP
COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP
RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB
COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper SGC-6000-KXN1-G
COOLER MASTER HAF 932
hope that helps.

Back