• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo/ram help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El-Scotto

Hey all been awhile since I've messed with comps so I need a little help. I currently am running a s939 system with a dfi nf4 ultra d mobo and I am trying to add 2 extra sticks of ram but i cant get it to work. I think I remember these boards being really picky about how the ram is placed but I cant find the manual and couldnt find much help online.

I currently have 2 512 sticks of G.Skill PC4400 in there and I have 4 other 512 sticks laying around. The other 4 sticks are Nanya pc3200 x2 and 2 kingston sticks that Im not exactly sure about. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

I have the same board, and it has given me fits with memory. Have you tried manually setting ram timings and frequency to "safe" values?

I have the same board, and it has given me fits with memory. Have you tried manually setting ram timings and frequency to "safe" values?

I dont really know much about ram honestly,is there somewhere I can read up on how to do that?

I used a program to get these specs on my ram not sure which numbers aare the important ones though.

The Nanya Sticks:
PC3200
JEDEC #2
voltage: 2.5v
frequency: 200 Mhz
CAS Latency: 3.0
RAS # to CAS #: 3.0
RAS # to Precharge: 3.0
tRAS: 8

JEDEC #1
frequency: 166 Mhz
CAS Latency: 2.5
RAS # to CAS #: 3.0
RAS # to Precharge: 3.0
tRAS: 7

And the GSkill sticks:
PC4400
JEDEC #2
frequency: 277 Mhz
CAS Latency: 3.0
RAS # to CAS #: 6.0
RAS # to Precharge: 6.0
tRAS: 12

JEDEC #1
frequency: 200 Mhz
CAS Latency: 2.5
RAS # to CAS #: 4.0
RAS # to Precharge: 4.0
tRAS: 8

When I have all four sticks in It just hangs on the Windows loading screen So I guess to I have to change it all though the BIOS? Thanks again for the help!

Back