• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED In Danger? i5 760 @ 3.8Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abest0

Registered
Hey guys ^_^

I changed the Multi to 22x and the Bus to 173 (3.8) ... that's it! Havent touched anything else.

Voltage is still on auto and is stable at 1.312V (too high?) ... Max temp under P95 is 71/72C after 3 hour test.

Any risks doing it this way? Should i tweak other settings?
Thnx.

i'd say vcore is too high. auto vcore is a bad idea. when selected at auto the mobo sets the vcore to a high setting to insure proper cpu stability, but it tends to over volt. tweek it manually. start with 1.21vcore and go up until its stable. i am at 4.0ghz and i am only at 1.272vcore so...

i'd say vcore is too high. auto vcore is a bad idea. when selected at auto the mobo sets the vcore to a high setting to insure proper cpu stability, but it tends to over volt. tweek it manually. start with 1.21vcore and go up until its stable. i am at 4.0ghz and i am only at 1.272vcore so...

Ok so do i need to adjust anything else apart from Vcore? Need to enable/disable anything?

Every cpu is different. My i5 760 may require only 1.272vcore but yours my require 1.35vcore. So I can't say that a vcore is good for your cpu. That's why you need to test and adjust manually. Just don't use auto for vcore because it over volts usually.
As for changing any other settings you should read the guide for beginners. That will give you good amount of knowledge and decide where to begin.

Every cpu is different. My i5 760 may require only 1.272vcore but yours my require 1.35vcore. So I can't say that a vcore is good for your cpu. That's why you need to test and adjust manually. Just don't use auto for vcore because it over volts usually.
As for changing any other settings you should read the guide for beginners. That will give you good amount of knowledge and decide where to begin.

Ok man ... thanks for your help ^_^

You are in no danger. I am running my i5 750 at 1.3v for 3.8ghz. My CPU needs 1.3v to be stable at the speed. You could try to run your voltage lower if you want, but as is, your settings look fine.

Back