• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Newegg make exceptions for the 30-day return limit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Csharp

Registered
I bought the Gigabyte GTX 460 1gb on 8/5 and a month later almost on the dot it started freezing my computer. Sound would crackle while listening to music, watching video, playing games and would eventually freeze the system. Some other people have had the same problem with the card; most seem to think it's bad VRAM. I posted a review on Newegg and Gigabyte gave me and email and case number. I emailed them last week with the case number they provided and have yet to hear back from them.

I'd rather at this point just get the EVGA Superclocked version, I've never had a problem with any of their products and they have great customer service. Gigabyte's customer service just plain sucks. I've spent a lot of money at Newegg over past few years and was wondering do you think they would make an exception to return this item?

Driver issue? Have you tried updating the drivers on your GPU and sound?

Dont get a superclocked version when you can do it yourself for free.

Believe me I've tried everything. I stuck my old 8800gtx in and everything was fine. The problem was degenerative, it froze more and more until I could only start up in safe mode until I switched out the card. Others have posted similar issues with this particular card. And from my experience the superclocked versions, at least EVGA's, have a much higher OC' max then the regular clocked versions.

Regarding the newegg question you will have to contact them directly, explain your situation. They might work with you on getting a replacement but there are no guarantees, policy is policy after all. They will probably tell you to RMA to gigabyte. On the note of that, keep bugging Gigabyte about it until you get a response. Just keep calling daily until you get a response.

Id also recommend against pre-OC'd cards, Ive had nothing but trouble with them, they just seem to be very unstable.

And from my experience the superclocked versions, at least EVGA's, have a much higher OC' max then the regular clocked versions.
Its hit or miss and not worth the extra money IMHO. Its your money though for just a few Mhz and maybe a fps or two.

I've had excellent luck talking to newegg via their chat support thing. They were willing to bend policy and give me a refund-RMA for some ram that died (ram does not allow refund-rmas you see). It's worth a shot.

My experiences with gigabyte support have been that they communication isn't especially good, but the process is painless and fairly quick aside from that. They have a three for four so far on RMA'd mobos, that's pretty good.

That does sound like a dead card, you could probably oven trick it but on a card that new i would definitely RMA.

They did end up giving me the RMA, but not a refundable one for some reason. Still waiting to hear back yet again.

Last edited:
I would contact Maverick B Iniguez personally, he helped me out when I had an issue with a R3E RMA that I received over a month after the original purchase that turned out to be dead when on live chat "Lola Chen" simply told me to contact the mfg

I would contact Maverick B Iniguez personally, he helped me out when I had an issue with a R3E RMA that I received over a month after the original purchase that turned out to be dead when on live chat "Lola Chen" simply told me to contact the mfg

Who is that and how do I contact him?

Back