• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just finished putting together my new computer, Hard disk not found!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joeys

I just finish putting together my first computer, everything installed well but when I booted "Hard disk not found" was in the boot sequence. I then proceeded to fix windows and it could not repair.
I then took the hard drive back out of my new computer and put it in my old Dell and it booted fine. I was curious if I had to do something with Asus bios in order for it to recognize it properly. Thanks in advance. :(

My setup is:

Intel Core i7-950

ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Antec 300

BFG 550 modular

Cogage True Spirit

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Western Digital Caviar Blue

Gtx 260

I forgot to mention that Bios is detecting my hard drive and I have it 2nd in the boot sequence.
Gtx 260

Last edited:
you need to reload the OS on it fresh, transplanting it from an existing build to your new one is like major heart transplant surgery, and you're the surgeon that isn't qualified to do it:fight::D

Ha, that made me laugh, so true.
Well I got it too boot and im using it this very minute but I will do a fresh install of the OS.

Thanks for the advice, should i DL a new bios for the board aswell?

Look up the BIOS changes to see if there is any concern. If there isn't any kind of performance or critical fix, if it ain't broke . . .

Back