• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Crashes after disabling crossfire (10.9)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bu3ouf

Registered
After installing 10.9, my computer completly crashes/freezes when trying to disabling crossfire.

I've tried reinstalling drivers, but the PC freezes during the uninstall of drivers..

The only solution is to reinstall windows and keep crossfire enabled. Or else this would happen all over again.

Note: Problems only happen after trying to disable crossfire.

Why is this happening?

You tried unhooking the crossfire bridge, or even taking the card out and seeing if you can start from there ?

safe isnt safe when ATI puts thier driver into the safe mode driver kit.
often even VGA mode wont work , but vga mode is a better bet when trying to start without video drivers.
and when that dont work, Step By Step mode will usually work, because you can tell it what to and not to load.

if you dont see the array of other modes just F8 Again.

assumes that was what your asking.

After installing 10.9, my computer completly crashes/freezes when trying to disabling crossfire.

I've tried reinstalling drivers, but the PC freezes during the uninstall of drivers..

The only solution is to reinstall windows and keep crossfire enabled. Or else this would happen all over again.

Note: Problems only happen after trying to disable crossfire.

Why is this happening?

The 10.9's arent meant for 4850 or 4870x2 users, I can't tell what you have but if you do don't use 10.9.

Try 10.9a hotfix which are meant for crossfirex users - http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst109Hotfix.aspx

Or try 10.8 or earlier.

Last edited:
Back