• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Core Unlocker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ingleburt

Registered
Has anyone seen Intel are now offering core unlocking much like AMD Black Editions where you buy upgrade card from the shops tap in some code and vola more cache and cores!

Depending where you read Intel offer this unlocking to G6950 chip and possibly to i3 and i5 soon after. Whats interesting is it sort of bridges the gap between current range to forthcoming sandy bridge and how the hell does it work if it cannot be done just by overclocking or settings in bios as per AMD Phenom

And I can see some folks chipping their money together and buying 1 unlocking code, then unlocking thousands of processors too. :D

Intel is full of it for doing this, IMO.

I dont think I would pay $50 to unlock a $75 proc to a $90 proc, but would in a hurry drop $50 to make my I7-920 a hex core in a heart beat. lol

Back