• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FastForward

This will be my 1st try at building my own system,after years of thinking about it i finally want to give it a go.
I'am looking to build a gaming set up for less than £450, hopefully this can be done with decent results.

This>>:http://www.scan.co.uk/savedbasket/ef5fe6c08b064f908d76d463a079d4c4

I am not even 100% sure if all the parts will work together? so i would like it if you guys could check it over and give me any feedback on if it would work, or any changes you think i should make, any help/advice would be appreciated.

ps. i got most of the specs from another thread on here,hope the op dont mind :thup:

from first glance everything should work together, but the WD blue will be your bottleneck.. if you can squeeze a little more into your budget, get a WD black or samsung spinpoint drive.. they are quicker

How about a 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, SATA 3Gb/s, 7200rpm, 32MB Cache, 8.9 ms? this would "just" take me over my budget which is ok ,
and price wise its the same as a 500GB WD black .

Spinpoints are cheap as heck on newegg right now. At least they were on Friday. It may even be cheaper to go with the spinpoint, and it's about the fastest budget drive available.

Back