• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New XSPC water kit! (Results)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jakeface1

Last edited:
Let the test run for 30 min, Prime 95 small ffts? Water takes longer to stabilize. And you should should be able to slow those fans down a bit with a fan controller with little temp impact.

Better temps for sure.

Let the test run for 30 min, Prime 95 small ffts? Water takes longer to stabilize. And you should should be able to slow those fans down a bit with a fan controller with little temp impact.

Better temps for sure.

Here you go! I added a fan shroud and it lowered temps 2C after 30 min p95. I dont have a pic of it though.

2qcf18m.jpg

5C spread on cores. Check, good mount.

60C max 30 min, depending on your ambients. Check, just fine.

Fans still too loud? Get a cheap fan controller that many love and hate due to the LED brightness. A colored mariking paint pen fixed it.........

http://www.jab-tech.com/Sunbeam-5-1-4-Rheobus-Kit-BLACK-pr-2530.html
Can't beat the pennies it costs.

Validation, and not a biggie come from a screenpost that shows Prime 95 small ffts starting at xx time, and by sizing the windows, they can show 30 min later, then RT showing lowetst temp, then 30 min later showing max temps.

NOT an issue, we aren't worried about it at all.

Your temps are JUST FINE, just need to get the high speed fans slowed down when you could be fine at 65C and the processor won't mind one teeny bit at all. For much better noise levels. Thats a balance you can play with.

Last edited:
Looking good. Glad it all worked out for you. Not bad considering the H-70 costs just $20 less (on frozencpu). Those fans do seem to be too loud, for me anyway. Although I'm still looking for the perfect 140mm fans. "upgraded" my yate loon lows to thermalright x-silent fans and they're about the same despite advertised higher CFM =(

bing did a ty140 review not too long ago...it's in the cooling section, give it a looksee

bing did a ty140 review not too long ago...it's in the cooling section, give it a looksee

This one? http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/140mm-fan-roundup.html Thanks, I'll have a read later ;) Sorry for the thread hijack, lol

Edit: oh cool, the fans I just got were the X-Silent 140mm's. FYI they are about the same (CFM/noise) as the Yate Loon lows. But I noticed they spin for a lot longer when I cut the power. Better bearings I guess. Good thing I got them on sale. I'd say they gotta raise their comfort line for dba because they are very quiet at full 900rpm to me. I could stand a little louder fans for more performance. Damn, the slip streams use 120mm mounting holes. Wonder if I can mod something up to fit these... Maybe I can get my bro to laser cut a sheet of plexi to use as an adapter :)

Last edited:
This one? http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/140mm-fan-roundup.html Thanks, I'll have a read later ;) Sorry for the thread hijack, lol

no, this was the one i was thinking of http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653358, that one's quite good too though

But I noticed they spin for a lot longer when I cut the power. Better bearings I guess.

Yates are sleeve bearings, not sure what the X-Silents are...it might also have something to do with the magnet strength. Are the low yates just factory undervolted or are they designed to run slower? If it's the same as the high's, then i'd say it's magnet strength...but I really don't know a ton about fans, so meh.

It might just be me or the fact that the fans weren't mounted to a rad, but the yates I removed from my system run a bit faster on my makeshift 12V transformer that I use to power my "desk" fans at work :) Could it be my FC-5 controller is not giving them the full 12V?

lol, totally jacking your thread :) I think it was done though :beer:

it's because they're not having to push against anything...might also be that your makeshift supply puts more than 12v to it too, exasperating the difference...fc-5 is great though :)

Those temps are pretty good, but I never saw if you mentioned ambient temp. I like the color scheme as well.

For the fans, try running them @ 5V right from the plug. Most of the fans I have that are +100cfm still push a lot of air at low voltage, and I suspect yours would too.

it's because they're not having to push against anything...might also be that your makeshift supply puts more than 12v to it too, exasperating the difference...fc-5 is great though :)

My makeshift supply is just a 12V 1.2A transformer from an old netgear print server =) I'm pretty sure it's giving 12V. But yea, I think it's because it's not having to pull air through the rad and the upper portion of my case.

Back