• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice.. 6gb ddr3 kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mud

hey,

I'm building a new rig (i7 950, gigabyte x58a-ud3r, gtx 460, ocz vertex2 ssd)

after looking around most ppl recommend either the dominators or g.skills, which do u think i should go for? and is there any other model i should consider?

also, i know there's another thread on the issue, if u recommend a kit, do u think i should get 1600 or 2000?

thanks,

if you get 1600 rated ram get at the minimum 7-8-7 timings as you will have some room to overclock if you choose. I would recommend 2000 rated and have all kinds of room to play with speed and timings, and generally better prices when looking at the 9-9-9 rated. I have some kingston 2000 9-9-9 that is very nice for the cost of it.

I haven't seen 2000 9-9-9-x kits from Kingston lately ... all are 9-10-9-x now but Kingston T1 series should be still on Elpida BBSE chips and I think that all 2000 9-9-9-x kits on market will make 1600 cl 7-8-7-x .
There are new 1600 cl 6-8-6-x kits from ocz, mushkin and I think that gskill too. All on new PCS that easily pass 2000 cl 9-9-9-x on 1.65V. Other thing is that there is not always easy to set 2000+ ( depends from memory controller and board ) but 1600 is working on all boards without problem.

i have a really bad experience with kingston sticks (so id rather not get them :p)
so.. dominators or g.skill? any particular triple sticks i should consider?

Back