• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gtx 280 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grosjambon

Hiya, I have installed a DD GPU block on my Gtx 280 which was workign perfectly befor the installation.
When I boot I get the normal beep the green light is there. When its going to boot on win 7 im getting red light, monitor display turn off.
WHAT CAN I DOOO!! Arghhh

Go back to the air cooler and see if it still works. :shrug:

Did you torque anything too hard? Any water leak anywhere? Is there good contact between the block and all the components on the board? Did you try re-seating the card in the PCIe slot?

I've never used H2O, but I have done a lot of switching around of different air coolers, and it can be tricky to get everything just right. After I went to the Artic Cooling GTX280 Extreme I had to leave the slot screw out, and use an aluminum rod to prop up the card. If I try to use the screw it torques the card funny in the slot. That coupled with the enormous weight of the cooler and all I get is a black screen.

Currently trying to Fix it in the watercooling section (from the guys where I bough the Waterblock ( conumdrum ) the first problems was overheating, since the GPU BLOCK was not making ANY contact with the GPU copper part.
Now im getting contact but not a GOOD contact, causing overheating in GAME. 90C + and still trying to fix it...
The PDF file how to install DD block is not clear since I got a Backplate plate. and on the HOW TO install they arent one :(

Back