• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED pc,ps3,xbox360 what is the best for video games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrmdtek

what do you think is the best to play video games a pc,ps3 or xbox360?
and why?

Depends what kinda game.

Realistic racing game, RPG or RTS then definitely pc.
FPS and arcadey racing games then 360 or PC (pc if it's a source game).
PS3? Just don't like the controller :p

Why choose?
I played some of my favorite games this year on both console and PC.

On PC Fallout 3(I got it late) and Mass Effect 2 were incredible.

Just as much fun was had on the PS 3! Red Dead Redemption and Assassins Creed 2 were a blast.

For pc mass effect 2 takes the cake...

Racing games(forza 3 etc) on my console since I hate keyboards and love the 360's gamepad...

Battlefield BC2 is more enjoyable on xbox too since I only play it online with my buddies...sometimes we even have system link parties at my house since I have way too many monitors/tvs...

I beat Modern Warfare 2 on both and never went online on either one(bc2 takes my vote)

PC: FPS games, western RPG, MMORPG, anything with mutliplayer over the internet.

Xbox 360: Games you play with your friends ( sports games, Halo ).

PS3: Japanese rpg, action/adventure games ( Demon's Souls ).

PC if theres mods/maps/tracks (Left 4 Dead, C.O.D, RBR, R Factor)
PS3 for GT5/Uncharted/Initial D/PS3 Exclusive
Xbox360 for any games exclusive to console

PC is best for RTS, RPG, MMO, Racing games, Flight Simulators and FPS games do to the controller (keyboard/mouse), mod-ability and better graphics.

Xbox and Ps3 are about equal when it comes to fighters and platformers with the main difference being the controller which is a personal preference thing.

The wii kind of does it's own thing.

I have no idea about sports games as I don't play them.

Personally I would rate the PC to be the best gaming platform overall.

Back